2/16/2017

post-op #2, day 2

I am sill on the Neuro floor. My nurses have gotten incrrasingly better, since I've been here. I'm not sure why I didn't go to the ICU. All the nurses here are not familiar with brain drains, because most pts with them go to the ICU... ?
 

 
Anyway. The night after surgery was hell... so much pain!  No nausea, dizziness or whoiziness. Just pain. I had a traveling nurse who was very kind but not aggressive enough for me.  I cried for 2 1/2 hours straight trying to get my pain controlled. Once the Neuro Dr saw me, they put me on s PCA pump.  Whew!!  IT didn't help too much bc most of my pain is muscular, from where they cut through and cleaned my muscles.  I was ordered strong muscle relaxers to be staggered every four hours,  but the nurses fought because that was not the normal way to do it.

 
 


 I've also felt feverish and "icky" from the time Mandy and meg visited on Weds night until Thurs afternoon. No one seemed to care since I am not running a fever (98.8')- even though my pain meds lower a fever. Aye aye aye.  I'm feeling much better tonight!

 



They decided to do an MRI to be certain that the infection did not get into my brain. I'm sure it will be negative.  I'm hoping that the NPO AFTER MIDNIGHT order was a just-in-case order. Fingers crossed!!!

Hopefully I'll sleep good tonight!  
Hoping my parents are surviving at my place!!! 
I'm feeling 99% better than Tuesday night!!

 

 

No comments: