sounds almost boring!!!
All in all, surgery was a success! It's amazing how quiet it is at night... I never realized the ringing and swooshing before Surgery!! Recovering was tough. I went straight to the ICU where I do wish I had a more experienced RN. She tried her best though! All of the nurses I met at PA Hospital were sweet!!
I arrived at 5:15, sat in the waiting room till 6:15 then headed up to pre-op. They made my parents leave and my Dad looked terrified. It made me a little nervous. All in all, I think I did pretty great!! People were definitely praying for my nerves!! I felt calm!!! Anesthesia started my 1V Neuro--phycisists introduced themselves and then I was wheeled away. Thank goodness RNs check your ID because no Drs/anesthesiologist did.
I remember the OR was intimidating-and old looking- but it did what it needed to! Anesthesia put me to sleep around 8:30 and I woke up in the ICU at 3. Honestly, I have no idea why it took so long. It was supposed to be 4 hours max!! They told Jason that they were having a hard time getting the last little bit because it was so deep and stuck to my nerves. They think they got about 99% of the tumor. Ill have to ask.
I woke up more sick and dizzy then ever in pain!! I only threw up nonce though:) my right face was paralyzed at first but it went away rather quickly. I was d/c'd six days ago and they're still trying to find me home PT and nursing. Haha. At times my right eye is fine, other times I have to force it open. My writing goes down to the right too. All things I hope will get better with time!! My typing has definitely improved!!
Saturday all the kids stopped by on their way to the Franklin Institute. It was good for jack to see me a live, since he insisted I was going to die!! Unfortunately I was down at my MRI when they got there so I was in antivan land when they brought me back and didn't make too much sense!!
Revovery has already been longer than I expected. I have good times and bad ones. People have been so great with flower/fruit baskets, meals and treats. It really makes it easier on Jennifer and Mark!!!! They've been a blessing!!
My mom came up today to bathe me, since I passed out on the girls the other day. They handled it like champs!!
I've pretty much slept the week away! I'm ok with that. So tired!!
No comments:
Post a Comment