11/15/2012

Baby Numero 4

Funny how your life can change in one day!!
Wait, didn't I say that just about 2 years ago after an ultrasound?!?
 
Over the past 4-5 weeks, I have not been feeling myself... very tired, unable to sleep, lacking motivation, uneasy, irritable, tearful. I saw a depression commerical that inspired me to start on Prozac. A week later, I was an anxious mess. So, my Dr. switched me to Lexapro.  I took it for 3 days but still felt very anxious so I stopped it.  I had been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  Jackson had been stable for 4 months, and I was told that this is quite common in Mom's of chronically-ill children.  So, it all made sense. I was embarrassed and told no one, not even Jason.  I finally oponed up on Facbook to a group of Kidney Moms that I have never met, hoping that I was not the only one dealing with this.  The very next morning, I felt a sense of "relief" when I got on Facebook and learned that I was not alone... many of the Moms have experienced similar episodes.  In fact, a few Moms were thankful that I brought it up b/c they were secretly suffering too.  I almost started to feel better, just knowing I was not going crazy and was not alone. 
 
But in a mere 2 hours, everything changed.  After volunteering in Jenni's class for an hour, I could not understand why I was starving... again... already.  A very long red light gave me time to check my date book... whoops!!!!!!  Those 3 weeks flew past, without me ever realizng that I was late!!  Imagine my surprise 10 minutes later when I peed on a stick, laid it down and almost walked away without ever checking the results - expecting a single line.   
 
Luckily Mandy was here, because I was very confused when I saw the two lines.. I had bought a box of 3 tests, many months ago and had thrown out all of the directions. So, we googled it.  And then I called my Dr and then I called Jason and then I saw my Dr after lunch and then I got an ultrasound right away and then I learned I was 7 1/2 weeksalong  and the baby would be born in June and then I came home to the girls drinking hot chocolate and then I handed them the pictures of their baby and then I chased down Jenni to see if she was running around in excitement or distress and then I made some calls to family and then I made a delicious dinner and then I consoled Jenni when she realized that it may be another boy and then Jenni kissed my belly goodnight and then Jennib decided we needed to have a family prayer for the baby's health and then I drifted off to sleep, EXHAUSTED.
 
At the moment, Jason is beaming with excitment, the girls have taken the ultrasound pictures to school (to show them off) and I've had a great morning with Jackson. I am full of excitememnt and optimism.  Next week is when the baby's urinary system will form... I may have very different feelings next week... only time will tell. 
 
I think it's a girl... Josie or Jillian maybe?  Perhaps it will be a boy - will I get my Jethro?  Jason would like a Jedi Stringham!  I like Jasper too...


2 comments:

jjstringham said...

Jasper! Someone's in Twilight mode. ;) I am so excited!!!! J Junior will be getting a Christmas present too. :)

Mark and Jennifer said...

Your post made me smile! I don't know why...just that you went through so many emotions and concerns and all along your body is creating a new little person! I can certainly understand the PTSD diagnosis though! I truly believe that after going through so many traumatic times and then when things calm down some, that the mind and emotions can get a little crazy! I have experienced similar emotions in my life. We'll keep this little one in our prayers, too!! Life is full of surprises and this is a wonderful surprise!