11/02/2016

Jaylee's middle school soccer

Soccer came.. and went.  So. Quickly.

When it was here, I found myself nervous and even angry at times. But now that it's done, I find myself full of regret... why?  Why did I get angry?  Why did I not think she was trying her best at times?  Why did I expect her to protect the goal like a professional?

She's really quite good!  She's definitely not afraid to get physical to get the ball! She's even trying out Rugby because of it!!  She was Varsity goalie again, but shared the spot with another goalie (Maddie Brown).  They each played 1/2 of each game, except when Jaylee had a huge hematoma to her Peri-area and was out for a week.

She didn't love the season this year... her new coach was bizarre.  They also had high school girls on the team this year, blowing the 8th graders chance of being the team leaders.  I'll never understand why Lancaster County brings down ninth grade players... weird!

She even scored in her final game, since they were winning by 8 goals, they put her as striker!

Here's a few shots of her 8th grade season...




"Be Ready!!"
 



and during half times, the field looked like this...




No comments: