6/16/2014

Pyelo Day... I mean Father's Day



We were having a great Fathers Day... Breakfast at a diner, bowling and then relaxing at home. The kids gave Jason a work outfit and tickets to hike with them one day.  

But then around 5, Jackson started complaining "my tough guy scar hurts!" Within 2 hours he had  a 101.6 fever, was in obvious pain and screamed with each bloody/pussy void.  He was admitted overnight for 2 doses of IV Rocephin and fluids. Tylenol and Zofran kept him comfy and by discharge time today, he was playing with Daddy and then Poppop in the unit's toy room.  Not sure how we'd manage all of these years without our family and friends... I hope I convey how appreciative we are! Jaylee was such a help in the ER... she always wants to join us and keep and eye on him.  She kept herself busy posting selfies to Instagram! I think she was even a little taken back by Jackson's fight when it came time for his IV.  Afterwards, we realized why... 
he looked me in the eyes, absolutely terrified, and asked 
"Now I turn into the Hulk?!?!?!?"  
My poor poor boy... maybe no more TV?  (yeah right)







We realized that Jack's last UTI was on Fathers Day 2012. Kinda creepy! He may end up back in the OR to check for a new stricture, but I think I know our Geisinger Drs. well enough now, to know that they won't even want to see us until or scheduled January follow up! The plan after discharge is to take 10 days of Bactrim, repeat his cr. next week b/c it jumped from .5 to .7, and see what Uro wants to do (VCUG, US, cystoscope with valve resection, prophylactic abx, or nothing.)
Jimmy will have his reconstruction at Geisinger next Sat.. Yikes!


1 comment:

Mark and Jennifer said...

Jaylee is such a great little caregiver! Curious what she'll choose to take in college. Love the picture of Jack and Jason with Jackson laughing! Thanks for always keeping the camera around and documenting your family activities. We just love reading everything you post!!