6/26/2014

Kidney Mama... again

My heart is racing and I am sick to my stomach... full on panic attack, I think.  Why does he have to go thru this?  I don't understand after TWO years of goodness, why this would happen so fast?  Were we too cocky?  I took a pill to help me sleep, but it evades me.  I have to pack, I have to organize baby sitters, I have to get my questions in order, I have to take out the trash, I have to shave my legs, I have to make sure he knows how much I love him, I have to be awake for tomorrow's Nephrology appt, I have to be awake the next day for Jimmy's surgery, I have to keep this a secret from Jaylee on her vacation, I have to not let Jenni find me crying... again, I have to put tooth fairy money under the pillow, I have to be level headed and not dramatic, I have to breathe...

Update 7/3/14...
His creatnine is up to 0.8 (from 0.5 in Jan).  His mega ureters are back and even larger, as well as more hydronephrosis than ever.  His kidneys are even smaller than they should be, and his right kidney went from 6.5cm to 5.5cm.  Geisinger thought maybe he wasn't emptying his bladder, but he passed his Uroflowmetry test on 7/2 so Dr Sumfest seems baffled.  He said the next step is to go to the OR and check for strictures or reflux.
I got a call from Dennis Ashcroft's daughter in law, who happens to be a NP at CHOP's Urology Dept... we chatted and bit and she wants him on prohylactic Bactrim and to be transferred to their care... I'll hear back from her after the weekend with an appt date/time.  Our Pediatrician agrees.  I've been STRESSING about this change, afraid of hurting Sumfest's feelings... WHY do I do that????
I can't wait for this to all be over... but I know it never will...


No comments: