The "surprise" did not get the excitement we had anticipated. But, the girls are thrilled that Audrey is here!!! And, as always, they are totally excited to see Gma and Gpa... even Jackson was super excited!!!
It's Saturday and I want to keep up... They arrived early Weds am and the girls got busy playing outside with water balloons and giving tours of the farm. They included Jackson in almost everything!!! Again, there are pics from numerous electronics and I was in bed for most of the visit anyway, so I don't have too much too write... That night we found out that our offer was accepted by the bank on the new house so everyone (except me) headed over there to show it off.
Thurs was water balloon fights by day with a trip to the rec pool and at night there was a lightning bug catch...
Fri Gma took the girls to down town Lititz to shop, grab lunch and hit Candyology.
Then there was more water balloon fights, trips to the creek and and the finishing organizations for a game similar to The Hunger Games movie... Everyone finally got to actually play it that evening...
And then we celebrated Jason's 36th bday a day early at Rita's.
Everyone (but Jimmy and I) is at Hershey Park Today. I feel bad b/c Jason has had ZERO gifts to open... I never expected to be stuck in bed this long.
Sunday, of course, was a relaxed day at home. Mom dropped off roast beef with mashed potatoes, gluten-free gravy and fresh fruit. It was delicious and I needed some good food!
Monday the girls continued to just play around the house. Jennibelle and Audrey became really close this trip, which I thought was really cool. Gma also took the three of them for pedicures!!!!!
Tuesday Gma had to drive Jimmy and I to three Dr appts so everyone else just played around the house... again!!! I offered them the chance to go and DO something, but they were more than happy playing dress up, spa and prom. Wish I had pictures of them dressed up! Tuesday night we took everyone out to Outback for a yummy dinner.
Weds was our last day with them... I bet Gma can not wait to get home and NOT have to wash dishes by hand for 9 people and do laundry continuously!!!! We ventured out to the Strasburg railroad in the am, since Audrey had yet to see Amish people.
Then we stopped at Sonic and came home to take a few pix and for them to pack. What an awful goodbye this one was. Just awful. Even Jack understood that they were leaving leaving and was very sad. He wore himself out crying and fell asleep sitting up against Jason, who had rushed home to hug them goodbye one last time... seems like I am wearing off on him!
Monday the girls continued to just play around the house. Jennibelle and Audrey became really close this trip, which I thought was really cool. Gma also took the three of them for pedicures!!!!!
Tuesday Gma had to drive Jimmy and I to three Dr appts so everyone else just played around the house... again!!! I offered them the chance to go and DO something, but they were more than happy playing dress up, spa and prom. Wish I had pictures of them dressed up! Tuesday night we took everyone out to Outback for a yummy dinner.
Weds was our last day with them... I bet Gma can not wait to get home and NOT have to wash dishes by hand for 9 people and do laundry continuously!!!! We ventured out to the Strasburg railroad in the am, since Audrey had yet to see Amish people.
Then we stopped at Sonic and came home to take a few pix and for them to pack. What an awful goodbye this one was. Just awful. Even Jack understood that they were leaving leaving and was very sad. He wore himself out crying and fell asleep sitting up against Jason, who had rushed home to hug them goodbye one last time... seems like I am wearing off on him!






1 comment:
You are so good at blogging about the important things!! Love the recap of the week there. I loved just watching everyone have fun, holding Jimmy, playing the games the girls organized and all the trips. I felt bad that you were still trying to get back your strength and that you were in so much pain. Wished I could have done more to be helpful!! Dishes and laundry just didn't seem like enough. I sure adore your little family! The lump in my throat didn't ease up until we were nearly to the airport!! Thanks for being so hospitable even in your pain and fatigue!!
Post a Comment