6/08/2013

Polyhydramnios - Take Three

Every time that I read the statistics on Polyhydramnios - too much amniotic fluid - I laugh... less than 1% of pregnancies.  Yet, here I am on my third pregnancy in a row to have this diagnosis.  Grant it, no one is concerned since I deliver in a few days, I just think it is funny.  We almost had Jimmy two days ago when we went for our last MFM US... he was in a very awful looking position... his head was way down in my crotch where we couldn't even view it, and his back was arched backwards, with his feet up in my ribs... very uncomfortable looking.  He stayed that way for the entire 1/2 hour US.  The tech was really concerned but couldn't get him to move.  She finally went to bring the Dr in and as soon as we put the prob back on my belly... 
There he was, smiling, all normal and such... what a jokester!!!!
The Dr was a pain in the butt... he's in charge of the "plans" and was bewildered when I said I was delivering Monday... he couldn't understand why, even though it was his personal decision months ago. "Tell me your history again..."  "Oh, maybe that's why I said that..." "Hmmm... well if it's scheduled already..."  NOT the confidence I want in my Dr, glad I  never have to go back there!!!  He had a hard time deciding when I should stop my blood thinner shots, and the next day a different Dr in the practice actually called to tell me to stop it after a different dose than he had decided, saying that "they discussed it more, and think this would be best..."  Hmmm...

Any Who...  55 mins left of night shift and then I am work free for 12 weeks... exciting!!!  The Ultrasound showed that Jimmy looked perfect, other than the fluid... which is common in Diabetic Moms, esp since my sugars have not been great lately.  He is tiny... only 6 1/2 lbs!!!!  We're so going to break him...    

No comments: