4/06/2017

Gi surgery

This is certainly not a surgery I'm telling people about. I hate talking about anything GI related. Surgery was Monday. Things went well.  I had difficulty peeing afterwards. Tuesday morning I went to my family Dr as soon as they opened, to be cathed.  I was in pain!  I've struggled with peeing since... I feel like I have to go, it feels like it enters my urethra but I can't push it out. So frustrating!!!  I've tried sitz baths, baths, showers, pushing, bearing, kneeling, standing, etc...  I saw a Urologist Weds that put me on Flomax and wants me to straight cath myself, if needed. Luckily, I have not needed to yet. I almost did, but after holding the catheter in my hand, my body decided to cooperate. Whew!  

It seems that nothing is going my way in 2017. 
Bring on 2018!!!

***13 days post op and I'm still quite uncomfortable most times, and sometimes even in a good amount of pain.
This stinks. Atleast my bladder is working again.
This was a tough recovery.
Would I have it do again? Hm...

*** 1 month post op and I'm still uncomfortable- every other day for a few hours. This stinks. When the pain is triggered, it's excruciating. Then, I feel very swollen and uncomfortable. I saw my surgeon yesterday... "4 more weeks of pain" :(

*** 6 1/2 weeks post op. I am not in pain for hours anymore. Still extremely uncomfortable at specific times, but I'm fine afterwards. I had restarted Flomax 2 weeks ago to help me pee, even when the swelling was present. I stopped the Flomax today. 

**** 9 weeks post op and still having stabbing pains at certain times. Had a follow up appt and he prescribed Diltiazem cream for 6-8 weeks. I wish this was over!!

**** July 17. Still having pain at certain times. Usually goes away right away now. Very painful! He prescribed Rectal Rockets. It's as bad as it sounds. I feel like I may be improving though.

1 comment:

Grandma/Grandpa Stringham said...

Oh dear, I think I got things a little confused. Now it all makes sense! So sorry, that you are still having to deal with so much! But, it still amazes me how much you just keep on doing! Sure hope things get better!