3/30/2017

Pineal cyst

Jimmy's MRI was normal except for a small pineal cyst.
The Dr called it "small" my google research says anything under 5mm is considered "small."  Imagine my surprise when I got a copy of the report and it read "11mm x 7mm x 5mm."  Google says fluid filled cysts rarely cause problems. His report said it was fluid in the front,the back of the cyst "may" have some solid material in it, but luckily it did not light up with IV contrast (therefore not cancerous). So, I called CHOP today to make our appointment. 

Anyway, the pediatrician thinks his vomiting is Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome that may be related to migraines (without the obvious head pain). She's going to prescribe Zofran. We have an appointment in a month to go over everything. 

I'm going to start keeping a health record for him too:(

********

May 2017: we saw a pediatric Neurosurgeon at Hershey. The pineal cyst is there. It probably will never need to be removed. We can follow up with him if it starts causing problems. He does not think that the vomitting is neuro- related.    :)

No comments: