6/03/2015

5 K: Survived!!

What a great experience for me. Jaylee asked me to do a 5K with her... Just she and I, together.  So, after hours searching online, I found the Rock & Glow in Manheim.  I didn't train at all (surprise!!) and we didn't do awful... 1252 and 1262 out of 2,000 people!  It took us 41 mins to complete.  I hoped to run the entire first mile, but started walking a little early.  I had to keep asking her to slow down, lol.  We wore glow-in-the-dark makeup and lightups.  We got there early to enjoy the festivities and Jaylee enjoyed a big greasy burger... Didn't slow her down at all!  


Before...

We started WAY at the back of the line


Of course Jaylee took a cool picture



We giggled that everyone threw their cups on the ground.  We loved that 2 families sprinkled hose water on us as we ran by.  There were also different bands/DJs along the way.


After... Jaylee did my glow makeup... Wish I had peeked at it hours prior.  She just glopped it on cheeks!! 

No comments: