12/18/2012

Optimism

There!  I said it, and I mean it... I think!
Things have been going - knock, knock - very well for Mr. Jackson.
His last kidney infection was back in July, and other than "normal" kid stuff, he's been doing great. He is totally off meds, though he may been to restart his Prevacid to rule out GERD, again. 
We have gotten rid of all bottles (finally), and had even gotten him down to just 1 can of Pediasure a day, rather than 3.  However, today I realized that he is losing weight, so we're bumping it back up to 2 cans daily for now.  He is growing and developping and talking our ears off and jumping off of everything and climbing up everything he can and sleeping through the night and enjoying his time in the Church nursery and Library classes.  His urnie bow dips WNL, no traces of protein. His belly is not nearly as unproportionately big as it had been.  He doesn't seem to need as much water as he had in the past.  He's eatting more of a variety of foods, rather than just those high in sodium.  He even no longer needs night time diapers, b/c he isn't soaking through his normal diapers anymore. 
So, either things are going totally well and I am expecting near-miracle ultrasound and lab resluts in January OR I am totally off my rocker. Really, it could be either!!! But lets hope for the best!!!!


1 comment:

Mark and Jennifer Stringham said...

Yippee!! He looked so good this summer....couldn't believe how active and playful he was! I am so grateful to our Heavenly Father for his guidance and to you and Jason for taking such good care of him. And also the girls! They have been so good to him! Now I am excited for January to come!! In the past, even when the doctors have been less than optimistic, Jackson showed them differently. So even if they find something to worry about, I trust he will overcome. He is just a miracle.