Dx: B/L PEs in Pulmonary Arteries, Hiatel Hernia and Pregnancy
WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!
What did we do to deserve this?
This is so scary!!!!
The beginning of this pregnancy I was EXHAUSTED, and I mean literallly EXHAUSTED!!!!
Then appx 2 weeks ago I started noticing that I was way more out of breath than I should be... every time I would walk upstairs I'd huffing and puffing. I thought "It sucks being old, fat, out of shape AND pregnant!!!" Then last night I started with sudden stabbing right shoulder blade pain that got a lot worse with deep breaths. Today I thought that something was wrong, but was I just paranoid? I had my BP checked at CVS while we picked up Jackson's THREE new meds for recurring croup - a whole nother story- and my BP read 140/90. Whoah!!! My BP is usually 80/60. So, then I panicked. I drove around the corner to my OB office but they were at lunch. The receptionist spoke with a Dr who said that I shold go to the ER since it was not OB related. I drove to the ER and then Jakson randomly threw up in the back seat - are you for real???? So I waited 15 min and drove back to the OB office knowing they'd be back from lunch. A nurse reluctantly rechecked my BP at my request so I knew if it was ER worthy or not... 102/80. Whew.... But they made me promise to see my family Dr today about my other symptoms. Luckily Mom had headed up my way since Jason was in West VA for the day working. I made a 4pm appt with the family Dr but when the nurse told him my story he wanted me to go straight to the ER. For real?!?!?!? So, reluctantly I went. I knew something was wrong but was not prepared for the 4 hours of tests that resulted with me being told I have 2 blood clots - 1 in the main branch of each pulmonary artery. Luckily they are both stuck to the sides of the artery and do not block the blood flow totally. I was told I'd be in the hospital for a while on blood thinners and that my pregnancy would be "very rough... but atleast you have 3 great kids". Then we talked about bedrest... How in the world would this work?!?!?!?!?!? I was completely devestated and in tears.
It is a few hours later, Im up in my room and the OB and Medical Dr came to talk to us and I am feeling much better... She says I'll be on Lovenonx (blood thinner) shots that Ill give to myself twice a day for the whole pregnancy plus a few weeks, but that it is relatively safe for the baby. She said that she does NOT want me on bedrest b/c that will put me at more risk for more clots. My c-section will be high risk because of the blood thinners.
I still have pain, and these shots sting quite badly, but I am ok... not short of breath at all b/c Ive been laying around for hours now. Jason is home with Jackson and the girls are at my parents. This makes me double think our idea of moving away.
Holy Moly...!!!!!!
While in the ER after getting the bad news, carollers came by singing... Silent Night... and I thought, what a great song for a funeral. So, I am going to start "planning" my funeral... I dont want an open casket b/c I hate how people look dead. My family can come see me in the morgue without all the fake makeup - than I'll look like they know me!! I dont want a sad sappy meeting... it should be informal, comfortable clothing, with singing and story telling. There should be lots to eat and room for the kids to run and play. And in all seriousness, "The Witch is Dead" better be played, since we've joked about it so long now. I'd also like everyone to sing along with "I Can Only Imagine." I know my Mom will want to plan it and take control and make it her way... you are the best planner Mom so you will probably have to take charge for Jason, but this is how I want it... thanks!!!
*****************
It's been two days and I am feeling a little better each day. The pain in my right shoulder blade is almost gone and I no longer feel like I have to yawn at all times. I left the ICU last night and will hopefully get home today. Im having an irregular heart beat at times that they are not sure of. Im very excited to get home, but at the same time paranoid and terrified to leave the Drs and heart monitors. Now we have to figure out how to manadge money while Im pregnant.... there's no way I can keep working all of the night hours... I will now weekly see my family Dr and OB and MFM, as well as Jackson's Dr appts. I won't be on bedrest or any real restrictions, other than "taking it easy". It's gonna be a long 6 months!!!!
While in the ER after getting the bad news, carollers came by singing... Silent Night... and I thought, what a great song for a funeral. So, I am going to start "planning" my funeral... I dont want an open casket b/c I hate how people look dead. My family can come see me in the morgue without all the fake makeup - than I'll look like they know me!! I dont want a sad sappy meeting... it should be informal, comfortable clothing, with singing and story telling. There should be lots to eat and room for the kids to run and play. And in all seriousness, "The Witch is Dead" better be played, since we've joked about it so long now. I'd also like everyone to sing along with "I Can Only Imagine." I know my Mom will want to plan it and take control and make it her way... you are the best planner Mom so you will probably have to take charge for Jason, but this is how I want it... thanks!!!
*****************
It's been two days and I am feeling a little better each day. The pain in my right shoulder blade is almost gone and I no longer feel like I have to yawn at all times. I left the ICU last night and will hopefully get home today. Im having an irregular heart beat at times that they are not sure of. Im very excited to get home, but at the same time paranoid and terrified to leave the Drs and heart monitors. Now we have to figure out how to manadge money while Im pregnant.... there's no way I can keep working all of the night hours... I will now weekly see my family Dr and OB and MFM, as well as Jackson's Dr appts. I won't be on bedrest or any real restrictions, other than "taking it easy". It's gonna be a long 6 months!!!!
1 comment:
Wasn't ready for the "funeral" part. I'm pretty sure you're not ready for that. You know I am available if you need help. But, I know your mom has retired and has more time on her hands. Also...what was the "moving" part all about?
Post a Comment