I know every year I say it, but this was definately the best year yet!!!! And other than just being overly happy about being alive, feeling pretty well and being home with everyone! Christmas Eve dinner was at 2 at Poppop and Nan's. Ham, scallops, scalloped potatoes, etc. Yummy!!! Then, after Poppop's 4th or 5th helping, we finally did gifts... lots and lots of gifts. Meg and George even gave the family a family gift!! Of course, everyone made out! Aunt Donna joined us this year. We even got 2" of snow!!! Very pretty to look at, but the drive home at 7pm was scary. We did a Nativity picture with Morgan and Cole too, and hope to do this every year. When we go home, we called Seattle, wrote Thank you letters to Santa, put out cookies, read Twas the Night... and the Story of Jesus' birth, played a game of Zingo and headed to bed early.
Christmas started at 0345 this year ... I think that is our norm. I was able to get the first four minutes on video, but then our Video camera died for good. I am so thankful that I go the initial WOW moments recorded! It took 2 hours to do gifts... it was so nice, doing them one by one with playing in between each gift. It was so relaxing. Gosh I love my kids! The girls decided to hide Jason's 5 gifts around teh house and send him on a scavenger hunt, so we made a movie for him with instructions. His only gift under the tree was the CD. It was really fun! Around 0600, Jackson, Jason and I headed back to bed. Poor Jason has a teribble cold. We re-woke at 0930 and kept playing. The girls played with their American Girl dolls the whole time we napped! Jackson went straight back to walking in circles around his train table. Ill never understand his idea of fun! The girls spent the afternoon turning the Play room into a huge Barbie house. They decided to put their Littlest Pet Shops into the attic to make more room in their :( Nan and Poppop stopped by around 1330 to exchange gifts. I made out witha few maternity outfits (very good timing!!), Jason got accessories to go with the Suit I got him. And the kids got some nice outfits, etc. Unfortunately that is when Jenni really went down hill and spiked a 103 fever and her nose started to run. So she, Jackson and I went off to nap again!! That gave Jason 2 1/2 hours to play his new computer game... I don't think he minded!! We had steak and mashed potatoes for dinner followed by ice cream cake for Jesus' birthday. This is one day I hope to never forget!!! And here's the kids rundown: (WE stuck to our budget of $125 each kid!!!, but I'm not sure anyone else stuck to their budget!!) I got a year membership to the Rec center, Wawa rolls, a calinder, cutting board, memory stick and wallet. Jason got a suit, Assasin's Creed III for the computer, a rubber mallet, tools, and a light for working on the car.
Fell asleep early and easy. Set alarm for 0145 but Daddy cancelled it. Woke the smaller kids at 0345 . Never napped. Kept the secret perfectly!! Was a shepard in the Nativity picture. Ate dinner on her Fitness Ball. Made the family a Calendar with everyone's bdays on it!
Dress outfit with access., Fitness Ball, Oragami kit, annual ornament, Travel kit for American Girl. Scrabble Flash and Light up pillow. Cash. Webkinz and shirt from Gap. Owl sewing kit and DIY Hair access kit. Home made Spa Kit. Nanny McPhee movie. Homemade Body pillow spray painted pillow case. Microscope and Telesope. American girl outfit and craft kit with stickers. American Girl closet, Seahawks Jersey, watch, American Girl Wheel chair "All Better" set, Duct Tape.
So stressfully excited, she was still up when Jason and I went to bed at 10:30! Was the Angel in the Nativity picture. Spiked a 103 fever on Christmas afternoon. Made the family a pottery bowel and a book about our Christmas Traditions. Her list for Santa included "Pickles, Pickle underwear, and Abby." Found the pickle this year!!!
Bean bag, Dress outfit with shoes and hair acces., jewelry beading kit, & annual ornament. Zingo (bingo game) and Lego Friend Beauty Shop. Cash. Webkinz and Barbie laundry fruniture. Raccoon sewing doll kit and DIY hair access kit. Home made Spa kit. Homemade matching BFF Dollie and Me shirt. Barbie movie. Monster High Doll and puzzle. 18" cheerleading with access. (Pickle prize: Nail dryer). Pickles, Battery for Power Wheels, Duct tape, Abby (Monster High Doll), Monster High PJs and robe with slippers, Baseball glove w/ 2 balls.
Woke up pleasant and very excited for Santa when the girls woke him at 0345. Took two naps. Didnt notice the train table in the middle of the Living room. Found his big horsey right away and loved it. Was very excited about opening presents and got the hang of it quickly.
Matchbox car set, Thomas train, Bean bag, annual ornament. Book with Grandma's voice reading it to him and a toy for the bath. Cash. Little people 2' tall car garage with slides. RV car. Homemade four capes, including a Super J!!!! Large riding/rocking horse. Spongebob movie. Little People Zoo. Train table with access. Aqua Doodle, Bath crayons, bubbles and flashlight.
Baby J:
Jamie: Homemade onesie. Meg: Lamb hat for winter time.
If you don't want to be bombarded with pix, it is now time for you to X out this page.
Here is our Christmas Time 2012...
Ginger Bread House
Christmas card pictures.
Candy making.
Jaylee in Poppop's church program.
She did awesome for her solo!
Christmas Eve.
Jaylee played Jingle Bells for everyone, and then Morgan wanted to learn.
First Annual Nativity Picture.
Santa was here!!
Yay... Wawa rolls!!!
Completely oblivious to the train table behind him,
completely happy with riding his bus on the couch!
Starting the scavenger hunt...
Goof balls.
Jaylee really liked the pillow case Jenni made!
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!
Im one of the "weird" Moms that doesn't get thrilled about homemade gifts.
But this year, there were some GREAT ones!!!
Alwasys my favorite shot! The AFTER shot!
Then, Christmas Number Two.
We always joke that Nan and Poppop put Santa to shame...
I love how "into" Jackson the girls are - awlays excited for him!!!
Nothing like a little Diego before bed.
*******
I still need to add...
RIP Bouncy Snowman.
10 years was a good run.
Keep singing to us, even thoughyou can't bounce :(
Jaylee's Random Act of Kindness homework was to bring me a plate of cookies to the hospital :)
The kids each got their own ornament containers so when they move out,
they can take them with them :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
1 comment:
What a great Christmas post! The kids looked so happy!! How ingenius that they made Jason do a scavenger hunt for his presents! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment