2/28/2012

My "New' Life

So, according to Pinterest, if I am unhappy with any part of my life, it is my fault and I should be the one making changes to make it better.
Dang It!!!!!!!

So, in my ideal life, these are things that I would like to be happening.
Maybe by writing out a list, it will be easier to work on -
Oh how I love checking things off!!!


The Improved Jenn Stringham

Lose 30 lbs by watching what I eat and working out 5 days a week.

Clean, dry and put-away laundry twice a week so that it does not pile up in the hallway making the house look like a mess. (the put-away step is by far the hardest)

Encourage the girls to put clothes away asap so that their rooms stay manageable.

Enforce chores, with pay at the end of the week. They can't continue to be slobs.

Work on week-long menus to have a fresh cooked meal 5 nights a week.

Begin packing lunches for Jason and girls.

Insist on and organize bi-monthly dates.  We must teach the kids that it is important. And I need to be spoiled:)

Scrub the floors.... oh how I loathe the kitchen floor.  But by scrubbing it twice a week, it won't be so hard.

Pay off oil credit card, The thought of having credit card balances again literally sickens me to my stomach.  Blah...

Save money for a vacation to Seattle.  There is absolutely no way that we will go another year without getting out there! Sounds easy, but being in the hospital a lot will put a lot of strain on any savings you may have once had.

It's unrealistic to say that I will keep my car clean, so let's just say that I will strive to keep a trash bag in there to help keep it cleaner.

I am so sick of drama in the lives of people around me.  I will explain to these people that I would love to talk to them, but not about the drama and the others that are involved.  Maybe this will cut down on the never-ending drama.  I hate that word... d-r-a-m-a.

I would like to help out one family a month that may need any sort of help... we'll pick the family together and do something nice for them... a meal, a surprise package, a play date, etc.

I need to take better care of myself, which I hope will be a benefit and losing weight and feeling more healthy and awake.  I need to shave my legs more than once a month, keep up with my eyebrows and when I do need them, I will deserve a few new outfits.

Re-organize the attic with piles that more easy to handle... Freecycle, Sell, Keep.

Finally get my rings cut off, resized and re-stoned. 

******

It is a lot, but at the same time it is not a lot.  There needs to be less TV watching and more productivity around the house and I think I can reach these goals.  I know it will take time, and hard work, and quite honestly I don't know if I am yet ready to do all the hard work (weight loss stuff in particular) but I do know that I do feel much better on the days that I have worked out.
So come on off your lazy butt, Jenn, and you'll get to wear those adorable summer outfits that you saw at Target last week!!!!! 

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

Actually, I am trying to imagine you having a "lazy butt". Whenever I have been there you are going and doing nonstop! I love "to do" lists. My goal is to make a list for that day and try to get as much checked off as possible. Checking off my goals makes me fee successful even if I only get a few of them done. Good Luck!!

Kirsten said...

I seriously love you! We have so many of the same goals. Call me and we'll encourage each other when we need it! You truly are a wonderful real friend! xoxx