1/29/2011

Update on Jackson

I feel like I have not dairied any updates on Jackson lately,
but it is for good reason...
There have been no changes and his body is growing into all of the things that have been so huge for the past 14 weeks!!  Yeah!!
His kidneys are still appx 5mm big (which is average size for a 32 week old baby) and they are not as full of fluid, as far as we can tell.  His ureters are still big and bulging and snake-like but have not increased in size.  His bladder remains to be a snowman-shape, but has never filled with urine so much that we even considered re-draining him. 
Even my polyhydramnios has been undiagnosed... I still have norm-high levels of fluid but it has not been over the 25cm mark except for the one measurement a few weeks back.  AND... technically I do not have Gestationa; Diabetes... though I failed to preliminary 1 hour tests, I technically passed teh 3 hour test b/c one of my readings was over 200 but the next was 39... so they have said that I am "Glucose Sensitive".  Never heard of it, totally believe, and love the diagnosis much more than diabetic!!!
Jackson moves around like a crazy boy and we've seen his belly muscles helping him practice-breathe during our weekly Biophysical Profiles... Great news since we weren't totally sure that he even had abd muscles!!!!
I have Braxton-Hicks every time I try to do anything remotely active, like get off the couch to pee!!  They stop when I lay back down though, so I'm told it is totally normal. 

So, we have found him a nursery set that should be here in a few weeks, we set up his playpen/bassinet in the living room and stocked it with diapers, wipes, powders, creams, and burp pads... even his own "pillow pet" do to decorate the pen!!!  Jaylee and I went shopping for a bunch of outfits for him, and Jenni is insistant on finding him an Eagles outfit... not sure how Jason will feel about that!!! 

Next week (2/2) we meet with the Cardiologist one more time to make sure that the teeny-tiny amt of fluid that was still around his heart is gone (even if it's not though, the Cardiologist was not worried about it 11 weeks ago).  We also do a full thing of measurements to see exactly how big everything is on him - then we should be able to schedule our amnio and c-section.  Dr Smith is thinking week 37... we're hoping for Feb 28th, so that he, Jaylee and I will all be 28th day bdays. 

The girls are very excited and have been much more cuddly the past few weeks than usual...
they love to just pick up my shirt, yell into him, and shake my belly around!!
They really love to see him rolling around in there too -
I don't remember them being so active!
Jenni broke down in bed the other night though...
I could hear her crying softly...
She wouldn't tell me what was wrong but eventually fessed up that she is not excited for Jackson at all because she is "too worried about him" - REALLY?!?  My 5 year old?  Then she asked a TON of what-ifs.  I hope that I answered them all the right way.  This really surprised me b/c Jason and I have not said anything that we thought would worry them in the past few weeks. We've kept the tone of the house very optimistic.  Jason wasn't surprised at all by it though... he realizes how mature they are, even if I keep being blown away by it!

So... No news is good news!!!
(17 paragraphs later!!)

In all honesty, It's really weird writing down all of the good news!!
Especially since i've gone ahead of my instincts and have bought stuff for him and set stuff up -
My plan was to wait until he actually came home with us.
I know in my brain that he is still sick and will still need a lot of medical interevention, but the lack of new-bad-news has us all feeling a little too comoftable, if that is possible? 
Don't get me wrong, some days I still lay and cry and dwell on all of the terrible what-ifs but for the most part, we are all very confidant that the Lord has allowed him to heal.
Not sure what we did to deserve it, but I have come to learn that gut-instincts are more than just gas!!
(Well, most of the time... ;)  hehe)

1 comment:

Our Beautiful Life said...

What great news. I am very happy for you all, and I'm always praying for you guys.