Today Jennibelle had her 5 staples removed from the back of her head. They were in for 6 days and her 1.5 inch laceration has healed nicely. She handled the whole situation like a BIG, BRAVE girl!
Boy, was I proud!!!!
She and Jaylee spent an entire snow day playing well at home until 4pm when they were playing "school" in Jaylee's room. No one is too sure what happened... apparently, Jenni just fell backwards, striking the right side of her head on Jaylee's bed. Jaylee was really nice about it too... she didn't want JB to feak out, so she threw her pillow on top of the blood puddle on the ground so JB couldn't see it!!! Then she sent JB down to me... I heard her crying from upstairs but it was NOT her "Real Cry" so Jason and I rolled our eyes and told her to stop whining... until she moved her hand and I could see the blood running down her arm... whoops!!!
Luckily, her Pediatrician's office is now 2 minutes away so they agreed to see us for our $15 copay, rather than paying for an ER visit. They applied LET to her wound for 20 minutes but then stapled it closed and I could tell that it really hurt her, but she did NOT move her head - thata girl!!! And 6 days later... the whole ordeal is over!
GO Jenni!!!!
With staples...
And now without...


4 comments:
Yikes! Way to go Jenni for being so brave! I don't think I would have been.
Wow. Jaylee is quick on her feet to think about doing what she could to help Jeni not freak. What a sweet big sis.
So brave Jenni and so thoughtful of Jaylee! You have great kids!
What a brave girl. So happy she's recovered well from the ordeal.
Post a Comment