3/27/2010

Stringhamisms
I have been thinking today of all the "funny" little phrases that my kids use or have used and decided that I don't want to forget these when I'm older so I should write them down. A friend of mine uses the term "Trumanism Tuesday" to write about things her son Truman says. SO, I'm stealing her idea and running with it. I'll add more the next few days as I think about them.
  • Jenni says "iss" instead of "if"
  • Jaylee said "hunchers who hunch" instead of "hunters"
  • They both said "Calipittars"
  • Jenni learned her name first by saying it as two names. "Jenni. Belle."
  • Jaylee could say "Jay" and she could say "Lee", but she couldn't put them together when she was 2!!
  • Jenni would get so upset when she heard someone call another person a "meani-mac" (maniac)
  • I say "Funny? Like, funny haha?!?"
  • They both prayed before dinner in Preschool years "God is great. God is good. And we thank him for our food. By his hands we all are fed, give us Lord our daily bread. Amen"
  • All 3 of us girls say "woof" instead of "wolf".
  • Jaylee MADE us call her "Alysia" (Dora the Explorer's cousin) when she was 3 years old or so.
  • Jennibelle likes to tell us which character she would be from whichever show we are watching... usually the prettiest most lady like character.
  • The girls refer to Jenni as "JB"
  • They call Poppop "Poppolotagus"
  • When Jaylee was 3, we would have to play "Air Stringham" any time we drove anywhere.
  • Jenni says "Actually, ..." a lot.
  • Jenni likes to have her "favorite things" done (cleaning out her ears and under her nails)
  • They called Morgan "Morgana" when she was first born
  • Jenni prays for "Boop" or "Cookie" every day at PreK and at every dinner time.
  • Jenni thinks that thumbs are "fumbs" and laughs at us when we try to correct her, like we are wrong!

4 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

Awwwwww! Cute!

Andrew said...

I love that you're doing this. Wow, and to think I was the inspiration. :) These are so great. Thanks for sharing.

Jaime said...

that last comment was from me, I didn't know my husband was signed in. Oopsi!

Rebecca said...

sooooooooooooooo cute!
i really wish i had written these down because, now, off the top of my head, i can't think of ANY!! booo!

ps... all your spring pictures are making me so envious. today it was so windy, rainy, and even hailing. uggh!

pss... and i know i say it all the time, but your girls are so beautiful!