3/20/2010

Mommy Daughter Date

Mommy Daughter Date
After Jaylee and Daddy left for their dance last night, Jenni and I got to have our special night together!!! She was very excited for it and even turned down Meg's offer to take her out for ice cream!!! I had bought her a Daffodil from the Cancer Society earlier that day and gave it to her. We went for a bike ride and walk around the block and then settled in to watch Charlotte's Web.
She loves to "do my makeup" and then wanted me to do her's also... Fancy Shmancy!!!
Then I did her "favorite things"... I run my fingers all around her ears, inside and out then I clean out her finger nails with mine and trace her fingers with my finger, and then I do the same thing to her toes. Then she offered to do my favorite things. I LOVE when the girls draw on my back... yep... draw on my back. It started when I was pregnant with Jenni and Jaylee was very into drawing. I would be exhausted at night and Jaylee would want to draw, so I let her draw all over my big prego belly with washable markes... VERY RELAXING!!!!!!!!! Jenni and I are both very tactile people. So since I've had Jenni, Jaylee cont'd to draw on my back when I needed to lay and relax and she need something to keep her busy. Jenni does not enjoy drawing on back BUT last night she came up with the idea of drawing on my back with my makeup... TA DA!!!!! It is the perfect compromise for Jenni and I!!! She enjoyed how my back turned out so well that she asked me to do hers... and then she wanted her belly done too.
I thought they looked pretty cool at my first makeup drawings, so we snapped some shots...

Her belly "face"
The eyeshadow flowers faded when she was pulling her nightgown up and down!

It may be quirky, but it is these special times that the girls and I will remember... spending uninterupted time with each other... no TV or other distractions, just converastion and art!!!!

1 comment:

Mark and Jennifer said...

You sure seem to have a way of making each of your girls feel special. These little times together are so important. I am glad that you documented these little experiences. I wish I had done it more with my kids. Now I have a hard time remembering those little times together. Jenni is so darling and reading about her warms my heart!