3/19/2010

Daddy Daughter Dance

Jason's first Daddy Daughter Dance
With Jaylee
Fri, March 19, 2010
7pm-9pm
Overlook Park Barn
Lancaster, PA


Jason came home from work ready for the dance...
shirt, pants, tie... check, check, check.
Jaylee learned to begin getting ready an hour before she had to leave.
To look as beautiful as she did, you have to...
1. Have Meg curl your hair.
2. Have Meg put your hair up and spray it in place.
3. Have Meg add just a touch of makeup.
4. Have Meg help you get into the dress, sweater, socks and shoes
that she bought for you for the night.

5. Gleam over the corsage "Daddy bought" for you
and show it to everyone as they show up to the house.

6. Help Daddy figure out how to put it on you.
7. Let Mama take LOTS of pix.
And smile for the entire Liounis clan that comes to see you off!
********************
She had beautiful "diamond" flowers in her hair.
Anyone who know Jaylee, knows that she HATED picture time.
I tried to make it quick and painless,
BUT...
after these gorgeous shots...





... she became pretty annoyed!!!

She got sick of hearing "Jaylee don't do that!" "Don't swing right now!" "Don't sit on the ground!" "Don't..." and was ready to go!!
Really, can you blame her?!?

Jennibelle was truely excited for her big sister and wanted her to have the best time!!
Jenni and I got to have a Mommy Daughter Party!
Here's a few shots of the Barn that Jason took for my curious little mind.
Jenni said to me today "When Adrian and me get married and have a girl, he will take her to a Daddy Daughter Dance and then me and our baby boy will peak in the window at them dancing!!" Well, she was obviously telling me that she wanted to drive to the park and peek in on them... Right?!? Apparently, NO... she wanted to just stay home and have our party!
I really appreciate Jason snapping a few shots for me!!

They said there were about 25 "couples" there. The girls were in grades 1-8.
Jason and Jaylee were the first "couple" to get out on the dance floor after the 2nd or 3rd song, but then everyone from their table joined them and so on. Jason said by 7:15, Jaylee had lost all inhibitions and was a dancing fool!!!
Jason and Jaylee requested The Hamster Dance and Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night by the Black Eyed Peas.
Then there was a chance for just the girls to do some line dancing...
She looks like an Angel in all her glory having the time of her life!

They also danced to the Macarana, The Limbo, & more.



They called on their way home and Jaylee was rattling off details about the night. Then she gave me the most appreciated, SINCERE Thank you that I have ever heard!!!!!
And yes, I started to cry right then and there... I wish I could explain in text how HAPPY, EXCITED, THANKFUL & JOYFUL she was on the phone. And Jason is lucky enough to have witnessed it... he said it was "Awesome" to see her like that!!! He said it was some of the best 2 hours of his life!! He also said that at the end she asked him if he had fun and when he expressed how much fun he had, she smiled and hugged him tight!!
She was tired and her hair was completely undone by the time she got home!
Love you my beautiful big girl!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Mendenhall's said...

Ok this post made me want to cry! It almost made me want to try one more time for a little girl. Notice I said, ALMOST! And I love seeing Jasons sweet side that he doesn't always share with everyone. Those girls sure have him wrapped around there fingers. And Jaylee, you looked BEAUTIFUL!

Mark and Jennifer said...

Yep, you nearly had me in tears reading this too. I can't believe that she is growing up so fast. I don't think I went to a dance until I was 12. So glad they had so much fun together. Now if she just dates her dad until she is 16, I would be happy.