8/01/2022

Alaska

Jaylee took an internship with the company Cariloha. From March-May she was at their sunny Las Vegas location. Then they transferred her to their Juneau, Alaska location for June-August. I flew out there alone to see for for 3 days from July 22-26. 

After 26 hours of traveling (including a 9 hour layover at Brian Stringham’s house) I arrived late at night. I was lucky enough to see THE NORTHERN LIGHTS outside my plane window on the way there!!! Even luckier to capture it on film, since I’m never exactly sober when I fly. Jaylee surprised me at the airport when I got there:) It was so great to see her after 6 months, and her new hair style is adorable. 





We woke early the next day to take our seven hour boat tour of Tracy Arm Fjords and Glacier. I had no idea what we were in for! As we pulled away, you could barely see her cute little town because of the massive cruise ships. She fell asleep shortly into our trip, lol. She was really excited to see me;)  The water soon was green, then a creamy emerald green. On our way to the glacier we saw 3 killer whales, seals and a humpback whale. The number of waterfalls blew my mind! When we first spotted the glacier in the distance, I stopped breathing. I have no idea what I was expecting- but it was nothing to that magnitude. We hung out at the glacier for quite a while and got to see (and hear) big chunks of it fall off. At the base of it we’re close to a thousand seal pups. They brought a chunk of ice from the glacier on board. Of course, Jaylee and I were weird and licked it. 

On the ride home we had a not-so-yummy boxed lunch and hung out a lot on the top of the open boat, since it had warmed up some. (High of 50’) we spotted a few more whales. Her friend joined us on our adventure. 






















































































No comments: