Jaylee is on her first international mission’s trip to La Carpio, Costa Rica. It’s an 8 day trip. June 29 to July 6, 2019. Flying straight from BWI to San Jose. That girl LOVES to fly!!! She was ecstatic to go. She went with 7 other High School kids from LEFC and 3 leaders. They are running a Sports World VBS for 3 days and then they are being tourists- touring San Jose and visiting Hot Springs for a day each.
Here she is leaving at 4am...
La Carpio is very poor. Mostly dirt roads. Not all homes have running waters. Poor sanitation. Certainly no WiFi, therefore no communication with her. She’s sleeping on a camping blow up mattress on a tile floor at a mission’s center in the slums. The last 2 nights, they’ll get a hotel room.
Marisol Hinton is one of the Missionaries working with them. She has Facebook and was able to upload some pictures of the VBS on Monday night (Trip Day 3). I have never seen Jaylee look so happy, as she did in this photos. It put my worry-Mama-mind to ease.
Here are those pictures... I can not wait to get more updates and to hear all about it, from Jaylee!!! I swear, I can SEE the Holy Spirit in her!
No comments:
Post a Comment