7/03/2019

Boys at Summer Camp

Both boys were CAMPERS at overnight summer camp this year at Kenbrook Bible Camp. For 4days/3nights. I was the nurse again. I really prefer the 6-11 year olds, over the teenagers I did last year. The boys only had 4 campers in their Cabin and 3 leaders! There were around 45 campers, and only 10 were boys. 

I had planned on not interacting much with the boys -to give them their space, but every time I was in either of their vicinity, I heard “Hi Mommy!!!  Mommy! Mommy!!! Hi!  Hi Mommy!!!”  
Bless my heart, if I’m being honest. 

I diapered Jack each night, but I think he could have done without me. He ate more camp food, than the edible food I prepare every day! He was also burning tons of calories. Only 1/2 of his calories came from Pediasure. 

Jimmy was by far the youngest camper- 6 years and 2 weeks. Though I had sent pull-ups (just in case) he was too embarrassed to ended up being the bed 2 out of the 3 nights. So it was good that I was there, because I could “slyly” go wash his sheets”.  Unfortunately, the last night he was exhausted and, thus, scared, so jack let him sleep -and pee- in his bed. 

When campers receive packages, they must sing for everyone before they can receive their package. So, they’re loving Mom wrapped up skittles and put it in the camp mailbox... bwa ha ha ha ha. It didn’t even phase them though... they belted our Baby Shark! 

I’m glad they got to do this together. Jack seemed to love it, and made a friend Ben. Jimmy loved it at times, and wanted me at times, but over all, I think he’s happy he did it!!



They each picked two morning activities (“How-Tos”) the did Sports of all Sorts Together and then Jimmy went swimming while Jack did Arts and Crafts. Sports if all Sorts was 1 day soccer and 2 days Gaga Ball, by the kids vote. Next year they’ll have to choose differently, because Gaga Ball is what they spend they’re free time doing, when they’re not swimming. They could have done football, kayaking, STEM, or others. 





























No comments: