7/08/2018

Seattle 2018!!

After sitting on the Tarmac for FOUR hours, we finally took off, and finally arrived... yay!  The boys were ridiculously well behaved!
Jennibelle had her bookbag searched, because she packed scissors.



The cutest passenger... ever!


Friday was our first full day. We started with morning bowling with the grandparents and Mendehalls. Jack was frustrated but by the end finally got a strike, and a few spares.  Becca’s crew joined us for a yummy Mexican lunch and model-home-touring. Then Jamie brought over her kids to hang out and plan out Saturday. The boys and Brody were instantly BFFs again, so he slept over. 









Saturday morning, the entire family met up at Seahurst Beach. My pictures do not do the beauty justice!  We spent hours skipping rocks, jumping waves and talking. So much fun! 

The tweens... 
Davie, Emily, Jenna, Jennibelle, Blake and Brett.


My girls and their love of animals. Luckily, these animals were dead!


A re-enactment photo from 2009. 




A.L.W.A.Y.S. Laughing!!
Jason and his two sisters.
I love it!!


An addition for my bathroom.


The teens...
Tommy is still away at camp and Ethan is sick.
This is pretty much all Jaylee does anymore:(












Some of the littles...
Jack, Brody, Jimmy , Brayden and Matthew. 


The boys swimming in the Puget Sound!




Saturday afternoon, Tommy got home from camp. That evening, he, Audrey, Jaylee and a few friends headed to a church dance!!
Eric made burgers for everyone but Jason and I snuck away on a dinner date. 
Jennibelle, Jenna, Catie and Blake had a sleepover at Maria’s. 


Sunday we went to church. Uncle Eric is now the Bishop, so it was nice to hear his sermon. Then we had a lazy day around the house, playing with Maria and Brian’s kids. Eric cooked us all tacos! Jaylee and Tommy went to youth group, they are still really close friends! 

Monday we headed out to Wild Waves Enchanted Kingdom with Brian’s clan. We did this 2 years ago too! Maria’s kids and Davie joined us too. I didn’t see much of the older kids all day. It got up to 67’ so everyone was excited to go into the water park. (?) the water was heated, but my boys only lasted 10 minutes. The girls stayed in for hours!! 







Monday night all the wives went to Costco to shop for our trip to the cabin. They are thrifty!  It cost each family appx $55 for 2 dinners, 1 lunch, 2 breakfasts, snacks and dessert!!  

Tuesday at lunch time we finally got on the road to the cabin in Cle Elum. The first official Stringham Family Reunion was underway!!


We stopped at Chick Fil A on the way, for our free sandwiches...


Check-in was after 4, we pulled in at 4:01. The place is beautiful!!  All 31 of us fit comfortably. Jason and I claimed a bed 8 feet high!!
I made chili for dinner with cheese fries and a baked potato bar. Then we had ice cream.















Wednesday morning we woke to pancakes and bacon by Uncle Brian. We spent the day in the hot tub, being undefeated at Corn Hole, playing Bball, taking nature walks, laughing, a family photo, playing on our phones and watching the kids  play with their cousins. Amy made spaghetti for dinner. Then we had a Talent Show with three acts. I, personally, think the the dance a Becca and I threw together should have won. 


Jason’s paper cheese wrapper that he finally investigated 1/2 way thru his sandwich!



Teenagers!!

Tween Girls!!





Doing makeup.
On boys and girls. (?)




Shaving my legs while playing video games with the guys... and he never even knicked me!!







Thursday we woke at 8, ate muffins and cleaned up. We were ready to go by 9:30, though checkout wasn’t until 11, do we sat and chatted... and took a few pics. 





The grandkids are separated into 3 groups now...
1. Teenagers


2. Tweens


3. The Littles 
(And a Jamie since Lizzy wouldn’t do a photo alone)







I really wish these two would like each other...


We were told that we MUST stop for burgers and shakes on the way back.


SEVENTEEN years I have been coming here, and this Magesty never gets boring!  




The tweens got dropped off at the mall, while Maria, Jaylee and I grabbed Olive Garden. Food, scratch that, everything here is so expensive! 

Friday we spent the afternoon at Lake Wilderness. I got to paddle board! Only for 15 minutes, but that was enough. Jason had a very difficult time mastering it. Then he ended up needing stitches on his finger- needing, not getting. 










Jason and I had a BBQ at Brian Lord’s with his wife, Lisa, and Matt Julien. It was a nice night!






Emily and Allie slept here that night so on Saturday AM, we went on a breakfast double date with James and Jamie. Yummy! The Buttered Biscuit. 

Saturday afternoon we headed south with the Mendenhalls to Ruston Park in Tacoma. We thought we were going to “just a park”, it was Amazing!!  Eric and Maria treated us to pizza too, yummy, Farelli Pizza. Then I went into photog mode as the kids played at the playground.  

This darn mountain- I’m obsesssed.
It’s just hanging out as you shop...







A boy and Dad.
We’re trying so hard to help Jimmy to NOT turn into the Hulk when he’s angered. 
Here he is angry.


Me and my mountain.


On the way out, we let the boys splash around...


Our drive home...


Apples to Apples with Grandma!


Then Jason got to meet up with Barney Cadena for a drink!  It’s only been 24 years...
But, I forgot to take a pic of them!

We got up early Sunday to hear Emily give a talk at church. She was cute... nervous, but not too nervous once she got up there. Then another man spoke about the Nickle Mines Amish tragedy in PA, they both spoke of forgiveness. I love the way God works!!!

We grabbed El Charro afterwards and went home to pack.


Then the whole gang came over for a picnic and saying goodbye:(




Eat up, Jack! 🤣


Tommy v Jason.
The Audience.




Jason won, but it took 90 seconds, instead of 15.
He’s not sure if he’ll beat him next time we come!


Good try, Jaylee!


Hm... Tommy’s not smiling and talking like he was when he was going against Jaylee!


Jason’s nose took a beating, where he had his surgery last year. 


Maria put together a game about the 6 couples. It was fun!



“Maria, will you please tell Brody how much I miss him?”


One last shot of my mountain.


“Blast off!!!”








No comments: