7/07/2018

Jenn Stringham, Camp RN

I really enjoyed my week of being a camp nurse, at Kenbrook Bible Camp. The boys loved it too... cried the whole way home:(. The girls were campers. They enjoyed it but didn’t love it, they couldn’t wait to get home. 

There were 50 teenage campers this week- I saw 30 of them! They came to me for serious and silly things... a broken foot, vomitting, hives, a skin infection, and lots of poison ivy and Band Aids. I had to send JB to Urgent Care because her right cheek and ear were covered in poison ivy. 

Here’s my favorite memories...
My Daily Med tray.



Jackson was my Assistant Nurse;)



I swear... I really was the nurse, not 
“Jane Stringhman”.


Jaylee was my most frequent patient. 
Lots of ice and rest for her legs.
One day she needed Benadryl, which ended in a drug-induced 4 hour nap, holding me hostage in the nurses clinic.


The girls’ cabin took 3rd place in the volleyball tournament.




Afternoon hikes with my boys. I was way out of my comfort zone but made it fun for them. Jack almost stepped on a snake! And lots of time in the pool, where they learned to do flips. 





See? A pond. And a worm. “We” were trying to catch frogs.  Jimmy LOVES the shirt the JB helped him tie-dye. 



The girls got caught in pouring rain! They’re in the canoe on the far side of the pond. We were safe under a big tree. 


One of their favorite counselors was Evony...


 Their cabin Counselor was M?


They danced with their cabin in the Takent Show and then re-enacted their Takent Show Comedy Skit!


The teens let the boys play Gaga ball all week. They LOVED it!  Jack could hang with the older boys, Jimmy mostly stood in his corner, jumping over any balls that got near him. 


I’ll do it again next, but only 1 week per summer! 




No comments: