We lost Poppop Neil earlier this week. Luckily we got to say “Goodbye!” to him the night prior. Well, the little boys didn’t get to see him, but Jack sent a letter and Jimny had me relay a message. He was surprisingly with it, when the four of us took turns shuffling through the little ER room. He kept telling everyone how much he loved them... especially “Dottie”. He kept kissing her. I think he was a little bit scared and a little bit in pain. (Abdominal Tumor pushes through the abdominal wall causing pain and infection.) I’m very grateful for the love he gave my Mommom. I’m heart broken for her.
My girls are heartbroken. I haven’t seen Jaylee bawl in years. Jennbelle’s gecko had died the day prior, so she was extra sad. She wanted to see him and say goodbye, but she seemed very nervous. The boys randomly tell me that they’re sad, but are easily distracted.
I worry that Mommom is going to be too lonely and too sad, and go downhill quickly. They’ve been lucky to have adventurous, long lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment