Sunday evening began feeling "tight" in tear right neck- some discomfort turning to the right.
Monday continued. Not really noticeable- told neighbor I need to do more stretching, felt a tiny about swollen. Took pix.
Tuesday woke feeling more swollen. Felt "fluid" at bottom of line scar. No obvious wound infection. Evening: more tight, not turning head unconsciously, white head noticed (won't pop) per kids noticeably swollen.
Now it's Weds AM, I talked to Denise, NP. Sent her the pics she requested, she'll talk to infectious dz and DrcLee this afternoon when he's done surgery. Swelling seems a tad bit more... not a big noticeable amount, whew. I have no neuro or infection s/s. Here's the pics I sent...
She asked why I was red and splotchy around it... ???
Wednesday night... they never called back. There's a small white tip to the fluidly area. I think it's a scar from a stitch that has fluid under it.
Thursday am they called back. Watch and wait right now. First culture grew only 1 bacteria "probably surgical contamination" per ID. I think it's the same size as last night. No other s/s's.
It's Monday now. Mom's back surgery went well! She's home sleeping right now. Here's a picture of my scar today. No longer swollen. Itchy today, though.
And now it is Saturday, the 18th. My head is starting to hurt, it's in my skin, like the scar tissue is pulling tighter and tighter. I do not seem swollen- in fact I feel "sunken in" right behind my ear. Freaky. I'm also itchy on my scars. They are bigger and worse than I thought, especially where my drain exited. My whole head on the right side feels sore under my skin- maybe it's my nerves firing back up? I hope so. I've had a temporal head-discomfort (not headache pain) and occasional ringing in my right ear today. The ringing lasts only 5 seconds or so. I had to take a pain pill tonight. I'm nervous, to be honest.
1 comment:
So far, so good! Hoping all continues to improve. Did you survive the snow storm yesterday?
Post a Comment