We came back to OCNJ for our vacation this year since Meg was not joining us. We squeezed in just fine too!! AND... Jason joined us for the entire week (minus 1 day he had to drive home to work)!!! We didn't even get sick of each other!! Just kidding, by the way. This will definitely be our last stay here because Poppop's friend is retiring and won't be renting it out anymore.
We picked up the girls at Victory Valley Camp on Saturday and headed straight down. This is a first vacation that I felt like we actually relaxed a good amount of time... probably because Jason was there. He always says "I can't keep up with Jim... no one can." However, I do think Mandy can go longer than my Dad, these days. She is always on the go and doesn't miss out on a thing! Her family had been down there for 2 weeks, and I think her kids were done by the time we all left.
My pictures are in chronological order...
I promised Jack a boogie board. We picked one up at the first store we saw in OCNJ. When we got to the beach house it took 3 kids to carry the board up the stairs... they treated it like a piece of glass.
Of course Poppop joined in on the fun. Jack wouldn't even really use the board all week!
Every year, every kid is mesmerized by the shark that pops up when there's a hole-in-one. It really scared Jack the first time... he ran back to Jason.
Jack made us stop at every statue and take his picture... he poses for most of them as action shots.
Army forts!
The boys got cool shark towels this summer but I never got REALLY CUTE pictures of them in the towels. :(
THEY are cute though...
Jason had to come home Monday to work so we took the day off from the ocean and headed to the park while Nan shopped with the girls and then we all headed to the Atlantic City Aquarium. Jimmy kept up with all of the big boys... so did Poppop!
Jimmy was asking for Paw Patrol all week! There was no "on demand" programming, but he did catch it live once or twice.
The aquarium was little, but worth the trip.
The sting rays LOVED Jimmy... the kept coming right up to him so he could pet them! Kinda creeped me out! He was timid around the sharks though.
I managed to bribe Jackson into touching the sharks... since it was the MAJOR reason we headed to the aquarium! He touched the tail of a sleeping shark.
Jaylee and I love Manta Shrimps. There was a warning sign since the shrimp is capable of shattering the glass.
On Tuesday, the kids got a little river to play in all day. It was right where we had set up all of our beach stuff, so it was perfect, It was the only time Jack used his boogie board. I would run full speed pulling him on the board and then let him loose! Darlene came down to join us for the day too.
Then on Weds, we took the kids to Stone Harbor to do an inflatable obstacle coarse on the bay. We splurged... $35/kid for an hour! But the girls loved it and got to stay out there an extra half hour for free. It was hot for us though, they had no umbrellas anywhere for spectators. It ended with Jenni getting pretty hurt on the blob. She had a great day until then. Jaylee was exhausted, she spent a lot of energy pulling kids our of the water. I took way too many pics. Here a few of my favorites.
we took cover at the "restaurant" next door for shade. Then we realized it was a bar, lol. We paid a lot of money for a few appetizers.
Jason and I got to go on a date to Katina's Greek Restaurant. Yummy! And I love his new glasses!!
Jennibelle Jack and I did rides one night with Mandy's crew. She and Morgan couldn't wait to do the Graviton together.
We ended the night with me getting an airbrush tattoo on my thigh... for my husband. The kids were MESMERIZED!! It was well work the $15!!!
I know it's silly to keep this photo, but you can make out their HUGE smiles!!! (Cole and Jack)
Breakfast at Uncle Bill's. Pancakes were good, but not as good as McDonalds!
Jimmy LOVED them though.
All 4 kids LOVE Georgia. This is probably the last picture we'll have of her. She has really gone down hill the past few months. She stopped eating while we were there.
Jason and Jackson flying a kite.
We had great waves most of the days we were there.
Nan and Poppop!!
I had FUN
Jimmy only napped half the days we were there!
Including leftovers, we had Mac and Manco's 4 times during our 7 day stay.
I'm actually surprised we didn't have it more!
I was scared the whole time Jaylee was on this ride.
Jackson surprised us by LOVING the Titl-A-Whirl.
OK, so here is where I kick myself! I literally said these words to Jason around 5:30...
"Today has literally been a perfect day!"
And this picture is from 7:00 while we were in the Pediatric area of the hospital for Jimmy's busted lip. Luckily, no sutures needed. He and Jaylee will have matching scars!
Friday was cold and rainy. Jason and I got to rent a waverer on the bay for an hour. It was my early bday gift from Mandy and my Mom! IT was FUN. I was nervous and first and after our first time around the track, I thought I was done. But I continued on and had fun. We were doing 45 mph and flying over waves. I was not as nervous as I thought I'd be when Jason took a turn driving. Then we all took a quick trip to the beach... quick because we were all freezing and left within a 1/2 hour. We got to head back up to the boards to finish our ride tickets.
Jaylee's hair was so funny on this ride!
His eyes make me melt!
So, Jack was super excited that he could do this ride with Jason and but Jimmy cried for Daddy the entire time he was gone.
Jason taught the girls Poker with Fish chips
We hit up the SeaShell Museum on Saturday, like we do each year and the kids picked out a shell. Jack wanted a Shark Tooth.
Look closely at Jack!!! Aye aye aye!
We said "Well, every family has ONE."
And then... it was over.
I always cry when we go over the bridge into OC and on our way back over!
Until next year...





No comments:
Post a Comment