1/30/2015

Good start to 2015!!


The kids have been continually sick all winter. Which sucks bc Jason got canned right after Christmas, so we haven't had health insurance. Both boys have had ear infections this month - which is random for them.  This is what was in Jack's infected ear... 
That is three years of hardened ear wax. Jason was so impressed when the Dr pulled it out of his ear!  Poor kid was so sick with it (and I think he had the flu) that he lost three pounds...
Hello Jackson's bones!
I am a little worried about Jaylee. She had "atypical pneumonia" at Halloween and has been sick since, with random illnesses... GI distress, colds, flu symptoms, headaches, etc. I've applied for CHIP health insurance so that I can get her in for some tests. 
Jason is in talks with State Farm Insurance to take over an agent's office, but it is very long process. He's taken a sales position with United Packaging as the Central PA Sales Rep. So with a lack of him working and me picking up full time hours, we had to buy him a car. Unfortunately, the Dodge Challenger does not come with four doors. So he got the Avenger... Sporty yet practical! He's excited about it. 

I feel bad for how bad his "friend" screwed him over at Dempsey.  They are now even fighting his Unemployment Comp!!  Arg... He starts Monday morning. Yes, 6 am the morning after the Seahawk's Super Bowl.  I don't think the kids will know what to do with him not around... 

Elaborate train tracks...

YouTube video marathons. C is for Cookie...

Super hero training...



Winning 1,000 tix at the Mall Arcade...

I'll miss him too. We never fight, which I actually think is a little weird. Sure, I get super annoyed by all of the messes he makes and "forgets" to clean up, but 13 years into this and I know what to expect.  He's built me shelves for the wall and resized a canvas print that I bought the other day. Love him! 

Speaking of the Superbowl, we are so excited for Sunday's game!!  We're having the same friends over from last year. The last ten minutes of the Hawks NFC Championship game was the funnest football I've ever watched!! An exciting come back. Jason died my hair blue for the game, though I forgot about my basketball pictures tomorrow -whoops! 

We went to watch Jaylees friends on the Travel Team- yikes. They actually play areal basketball. We're going to ask Poppop to train her for Middle School Basketball. Poppop took me to NJ to watch a Wisconsin game - his "passion" at the moment. His words, not mine.  He and mom are getting along pretty darn well right now!  I found our seats for us... I was wrong when I sat us in row "zero"... Turns out it was row "letter o". Whoops! It was fun sitting up front for a few minutes! 

Do you believe Jaylee got a C on her report card?!?!?  Spelling. 12 is a tough year, where's she's trying to figure out WHO she is... and she's even trying out pretending to be someone that she's not. She's very interested in photography... And then posting it on (boo) social media. She's so excited to be the Chessere Cat in he school's play. 

Jennibelle (again) got straight A's!!  Woo Hoo!  She loves playing her bass and starts school orchestra next week. She and Jaylee  joined the dance team at church. 

Jason handles these kids so much better than I do. I feel like I'm so busy with work, housework, chores, Dr appts, taxi driving the kids around, etc. that I don't have real relationships with them anymore. I'm working on that though. They open up to him and absorb everything he says.  I took Jack sledding the other night to have some fun with him... He's fearless!!! 
The next day we all headed to Bomberger's Hill but it was mostly mud. Jimmy was even into it!


Jimmy decided he was done with his crib, so he sleeps great in the bottom bunk without a bed rail! He's talking like a real person and can be awnry!  He's interested in everything, esp if he's not supposed to be. He climbs to the top bunk, even if the ladder is not up-he'll climb the end of the bed. He emptied the toilet bowel the other day - per Jack, he drank a bunch and splashed the rest out onto the floor.  GROSSE. Both boys are banned from Jenni's room bc the trash it every chance they get. They love her Webkins and tac boards. They truly are best friends. Jimmy thrives on doing whatever you tell him not to do! Hm... He fits in perfectly!!  But, he's cute!!




1 comment:

Mark and Jennifer said...

There is so much in this post! Can hardly wait to get to know Jimmy and Jack better. Jaylee is just too pretty! Tell her not to worry...her dad and grandpa still can't spell! Great post!