3/01/2014

Coach Jenn

It was my first time coaching, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Mandy and I coached Team G.H. Mechanical in Lititz Rec's Girls 5th/6th grade girls league. 
Jenni played with us, and really held her own...  our box-out Queen!!
Jaylee was a team leader and seems to understand the game a lot more.  Her fast break layups have come a long way!
We won our last game today, to make us the unofficial league Champions...  we were down by ten right off the bat and the girls looked so tired and out of it.  A time out and basket totally turned the game around and we won by two in overtime (22-20). The whole gym was going nuts!  I jumped around and yelled all game long... probably looked like a total bafoon but I had F.U.N. 
My girls are just like me... very emotional.  Both had teared up at least once during the game!  Jenni was upset (She'll never admit to it though) that she was the only one to not score this season, but in her defense, she wasn't even able to reach the rim until the last few weeks.  We set up a pay called "Star" to let her go one-on-one to the rim, but all 5 defenders picked her up both times we tried it! 
Last night at practice the girls played against the parents and then we had a pizza party.  Everyone seemed to have fun but Jaylee jammed her finger BAD - ouch!








No comments: