I wanted to document my memories of 9-11 before they are too distant to remember.
I had just moved to Savannah. My friend, Opie, was down for a week-long visit. I was sound asleep in bed, prob hung over, when Dad called to tell me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. "So what?" is what I was honestly thinking. "Why is this a big deal?" I had NO idea what was really going on. I went to the living room to tell Opie and turned on the TV, just in time to see the second plane hit LIVE. We were glued to the TV for a little while, and saw the towers fall... then we went out for breakfast. My favorite diner had a good size crowd and NO ONE had any idea what was going on 700 miles North of us. Everyone was sitting and enjoying their meals. By that time, I obviously knew that it was NOT an accident, and found it eery that no one else knew. I don't remember the rest of the day... I'm sure we sat in front of the TV. He was supposed to fly out that night or the next, but was stuck in Savannah for a few extra days. When I dropped him off at the airport, I wasn't even allowed in, since I did not have a ticket. And they searched my car as I approached the building. Air travel would never be the same...
Jason was over seas...
No comments:
Post a Comment