7/06/2013

Cellulitis


Oh, for pity's sake... 


And one week later, it opened on its own b/c of an abscess, so my OB cut another four inches open and drained it.  A CT confirmed that the abscess was superficial and it's just a lower layer of fat sticking out, not bowel, so it will be left open to heal. she says we can fix the scar in one year.
OUCH!!!
Feeling pretty gross right about now!


**It's been 2 weeks since they opened it up and it is healing slowly.  still on antibiotics, still a little slimy, but it's closing up and isn't painful anymore - yay!
***It's been probably 5 weeks now... the left side would not heal so it had to be stitched again... twice.  I had another CT yest (8/12) b/c it became sore and the right side was blue... turns out it was a hematoma that opened up last night while I slept.  I am being sent to the wound clinic.

1 comment:

Mark and Jennifer Stringham said...

Bummer! If it helps any.....I have seen worse as a nurse. So I am hoping this tx will help it heal quickly and thoroughly. That is the most important. I just can't believe what you have been through with this pregnancy! When things are all over, you will probably feel like a million dollars!