Jackson Turned TWO
What a big day for us... TWO years old, doing quite well health-wise, and blossoming more everyday. He talks in 5 word sentences. He is funny and likes to play tricks on us. He loves to sword fight like Mike the Knight, he loves to wear boxing gloves and go at it, he loves to walk his trains in circles around the tracks, he loves to play with the farmer's dog, Lacey, he still likes to visit the cows, his favorite movie is The Little Engine that Could, he practically runs up and down the stairs, and he is still as snuggly as ever. For his bday, we had the Liounis clan over for a party with tacos and cupcakes/brownies. Jaylee had spiked a fever, so she had to stay upstairs for most of it. I often check her emails, and found that she was not happy with this decision, and her friend Katy agreed with her!!!
His bday was Fri... we woke him with the Birthay Song and spread his gifts out over the day. He opens gifts like Poppop Moore... one tiny piece at a time. We sang again and had Klondike Bars to celebrate that night, which he actually ate! The girls helped me fill the house with balloons to decorate for his party which we had Sat.
We were supposed to have his bday party on Sat after jaylee's last basketball game, but since she was sick and couldn't play, everyone headed over at lunch time. We had tacos and rice and then Jackosn FINALLY got to open his gifts... he had been asking all lunch long! He esp. loved the basketball hoop from Poppop and Nan! Then we sang and had cupcakes and brownies. He wore his cousins out!!! We never even got to the pool because ll of the kisd were sleepy - except for Jaylee who, along with her germs, was banished to the bedroom for the party.
He was really into opening gifts!! He ended up getting 2 basketball nets and he loves to shoot hoops! I made him a video which he loves, so far... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Xr87MYfJY
The Girls
The girls have been into Fashion shows lately...
Jenni got her first retainer...
(I'll add picture)
And Jaylee and I were baptized together on 3/10/13...
Poppop Moore
After two weeks of not eatting and one week of no IV fluids, Poppop Moore went to Heaven. The kids got to see him once in the Hospice center... Jenni wouldn't talk to him at first "because I knew it was the last time I would talk to him and I wanted it to be perfect." Jaylee stayed by the door. And Jack just kept letting everyone know that "Poppop Moore sleeping!" He was cremated and then we had a nice luncheon for him. There were so many more people there than I expected. Mommom Moore looked absolutely beautiful, even when she was crying. I worry about her. It hasn't truely hit me yet that he is gone. Jennibelle wanted to be the official photographer at the service and she did a great job! It was cold and there was a beautiful light snow falling.
I. Hate. Urns.
The lone sunflower on the headstone is from Jennibelle.
I am still baffled by the fact that brothers could be a "Thomas III" and a "Edgar Jr"
when they have the same biological Dad!!!!
True story... Poppop Moore's older brother was also Edgar Osborne Moore Jr,
but died at a young age. I guess they really liked the name...
There were tears, but lots of laughs and smiles as well!
And, the Symphony Toast at lunch. Mommom Moore kept eating her chocolate before we got to toast!!
There were lots of great pictures from Poppop's life. I honestly didn't realzie how handsome he was. I saw a lot of him in Jackson! Jackson had the flu so he and Jason stayed home.
Me & Jimmy
Jimmy is a mover and a shaker. Everyone's had the chance to feel him by now and he makes my belly jiggle! He doesn't like when I chug my cold water bottles or fill up on my cold ice... that's when he moves the most!
I have not felt well for the past week. I was hoping to blame the stress of working and going to a funeral with no sleep, but the symptoms have not ceased... Shortness of breath on exertion, racing HR, and my right eye randomly went blind after Poppop's funeral for 45 seconds or so. I saw my family Dr and in the midst of a battery of tests. My Ddimer and chest xray were normal last week, so this week I have an ECHO of my heart and Pulmonary Function Tests. OB-wise, I have no complaints. A few weeks back I was having a lot of pressure for 5-6 days, but that has subsided. I'm hoping it's just from the baby getting a lot bigger, but it does have me concerned.

1 comment:
How did I miss this post? Thanks for being so diligent on your blog. Funny that little Jimmy doesn't like your cold, icy drinks!!
Post a Comment