Our holiday plans went down the toilet when storms ripped through the south and did a number on Christy's van. So... we crashed Poppop and Nan's beach week. I am sooo grateful that the kids get to spend a few days every summer at the beach with Poppop, Nan, Mandy and the kids. Great memories they are making! I have such vivid memories from when I was their age, sometimes I hope that we are doing a good enough job so that they'l love their memories 30 years from now too!! I took a hundred or so pictures ... I always get so frustrated when I get them onto the computer and only a few turned out real well. But it's better than none!!
We had a few adventures during our 3 days there... Tues the kids and I drove down stopping at Mommom and Poppop Moores for a visit. We had a real nice visit with Mommom - Poppop stayed in the basement the whole hour we were there - he kept saying that it was filthy down there and needed cleaning?!?!? We spent the afternoon at the beach where the girls were pros at riding in waves and enjoying every inch of the water. There was a sand bar, which they thought was real cool. Jackson was timid, yet tolerable, of the water. He enjoyed the sand and loved kicking it all over the place! Jason got down around 7 and we had pizza delivered. (MANCO'S and Manco's) Then we headed out at 8:30 (Jackson's bedtime) to the boardwalk for rides. Jason took Jackson on their first ride together... the "Neigh Neighs" (Carousel) - Jackson enjoyed it but was very tired - no big smiles, but a lot of "more! More! MORE!" Jennibelle manned up this year and tried the Gravitron with Jaylee and I... she loved it! And I decided that I no longer enjoy that ride (blah...) Minutes after we got off, there was a 10 minute black out!! I still have no idea why, but we were able to get a picture of us before the power was restored. The whole city was pitch black, other than smart phone flash lights!! It was fun!!
July 4th was spent bike riding surreys on the boards, hours on the beach (in the 95' weather), a filet mignon dinner at the house, boardwalk rides, fireworks on the beach, and a little scuffle between Nan and a punk teenager. Fun filled day!!! Jackson seemed to enjoy the bike ride and Jenni loved getting to pick out a souvenir. Jaylee seemed to enjoy herself, but she is definately getting older... I kept finding her alone watching TV during this trip - makes me sad!!! The kids loved having Jason at the beach with us, it's more exciting when they can go out way deep without the baby and I tagging along. Thankfully, Nan can sew, so Jackson's bathing suit did not keep falling off of him the second day. He's 16 months old and his 12 month old bathing suit shorts were sliding right off of him - he does NOT have the Stringham/Liounis butt! The boards were not nearly as crowded as I had expected, so I am glad that we trekked down there. Both girls were very brave with their ride choices... Jenni went with me on the swings... I know it sounds innocent enough, but it is high and I understand her fear b/c I was afraid of them until I was 30 years old!! Jaylee went with Brian on a high-twisty-turny-inside-outy type ride. She acutally looked like she was about to pass out at one point and I was telling the guy to turn it off, but there was no emergency stop- which is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard, but... ok. Here's a link to that ride... http://boardwalkfun.com/ridevideos/wipeout.html By the time it was over and she was unlocked, she said she loved it.
Hhhhhmmmmm.....
The firework show wass really good, and the finale is always my favorite part (obviously). Jackson was pretty interested at first, and then just wanted to kick sand. I'm just glad he wasn't scared. Poor Cole was terrified and just hid his head in Brian's lap the entire 20 minute show. We actually thought he was asleep, but as soon as it was over, he jumped up - that broke my heart!!! As we were leaving the beach, a punk kid was yelling the F word which started a spectale between him and Nan, which left Jenni terrified and in tears!! So, she and I (and Jackson) drove Jason back to his car and waved him goodbye!!! (It took him over 5 hours to get home!!!!!!!!)
Hhhhhmmmmm.....
The firework show wass really good, and the finale is always my favorite part (obviously). Jackson was pretty interested at first, and then just wanted to kick sand. I'm just glad he wasn't scared. Poor Cole was terrified and just hid his head in Brian's lap the entire 20 minute show. We actually thought he was asleep, but as soon as it was over, he jumped up - that broke my heart!!! As we were leaving the beach, a punk kid was yelling the F word which started a spectale between him and Nan, which left Jenni terrified and in tears!! So, she and I (and Jackson) drove Jason back to his car and waved him goodbye!!! (It took him over 5 hours to get home!!!!!!!!)
We were supposed to leave Thursday morning, but of course the girls talked me into staying all day!! We headed to the Sea Shell museum in the morning to pick out their shells. This year they both picked out shell-people... Jenni a fishing person (since she and Daddy have been fishing a lot lately) and Jaylee picked out an Owl-shaped toothbrush holder. Then we hit the beach for "just one hour" which turned into almost 3 hours. After a quick shower, we headed to Mac and Manco's and shopped the boards for 2 hours. Unfortunately, it was 95' again, so it wasn't completely enjoyable. The ride home was uneventful, surprisingly for us driving through Philly at 5:30!. And I just have to put it on the record...
I have the BEST car trip kids EVER. We have so much fun, that trips are never an issue... even Jackson. LOVE them!!!
I have the BEST car trip kids EVER. We have so much fun, that trips are never an issue... even Jackson. LOVE them!!!
Here's some pix...
Jackson loved the sand...
Jackson loved the sand...
Jennibelle and Morgan dancing around on our porch.
Jackson and his potato chips... makes him smile!
Jason and Jackson's first ride together with Jennibelle on the "Neigh Neighs"
Jackson giving Mama a Thankyou kiss!
Notice the blackness!!
Everyone LOVES Uncle Jason. Cole, however, does not like pictures.
July 4th bike ride...
Poppop... always digging in the sand for the kids.
Jackson loved the big ditches in the sand.
Cole and Morgan.
Go Jackson Go!
LOVES throwing sand... notice his suit is folded over so it doesn't keep falling.
Jaylee chilling, reading her American Girl magazine.
Morgan trying to burry Jackson's feet.
Morgan, Cole & Jackson hugged and kissed each other the entire vacation!
Cole loved the ditches too.
With the sand bar, there were times that the girls could just swim in calm 3-feet-deep water.
Jaylee digging... "for the kids"
This picture is one of my favs b/c Jackson was literally DANCING everywhere we went in the amusement park... he LOVED the music and didn't mind when he was in people's way... he just danced and danced and danced.
Jenni was very nervous on the swings!!!
Jackson's rat tail... he was bald last summer, except for the same patch in the back of his head.
The play area from the beach on July 4th.
Fireworks on the beach!!
Trying to wear Jackson out before our drive home... we lucked out and this game had credits in it, so we played for free!
Time to go... sorry Jackson!!!
2 comments:
What a great post! Wish I could have been there with you all!!! You are making great memories!!!
Okay that looks like soooo much fun. I wished we could have been there too. My kids still ask when we get to go back.
Post a Comment