OMG
I am so scared/excited/nervous/anxious/happy...
I am so scared/excited/nervous/anxious/happy...
Jackson is IN surgery and we're hopeful that this will stop his UTI problems.
Think Jason was nervous in pre-op?!?!
Think Jason was nervous in pre-op?!?!
We took some pix of Jackson VERY naked last night -
I will miss his blow hole!!!!
I will miss his "Gonzo"!!!!
I will miss him being different!!!!
And
I am sooo happy that he will be "normal" and that this will be behind him/us!!!!
I am sooo happy that he will be "normal" and that this will be behind him/us!!!!
Disclaimer...
These are VERY NAKED pix for the purpose of a record for him when he is older.
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
*******
******
*****
****
***
**
*
BEFORE SURGERY 10/13/11:
Hypospadia, Chordee, Uncircumsized, Vesicostomy
I HAD TO DELETE PHOTO B/C I FOUND IT ON GOOGLE IMAGES!!!
**********
I HAD TO DELETE PHOTO B/C I FOUND IT ON GOOGLE IMAGES!!!
**********
RIGHT AFTER SURGERY 10/13/11
*Surgery did NOT go as planned... He had a post-urethral valve and a stricture. The stricture was, apparently, scar tissue from the "injury that ocurred during his last surgery"... Um.... WHAT?!?!?
So, they used a thin wire and dilated it to almost a normal-sized urethra. They spent so much time doing that that they were not able to do the reconstruction. They did also close up his vesicostomy (stitches on the inside, glue on the outside). So... now he has a hypospadia, chordee, is uncircumsized and is catheterized (temporarily). He is also in a lot of pain!! Poor poor Jackson!
*DELETED*
10/14: He had an OK night. He was sent to the floor from PACU 1 hour after surgery withOUT a pain med order, so, after screaming for 1 hour straight, we got his pain under control and he got Tylenol #3 every 4 hours. He is peeing only small amounts of blood now. He's puffy from is IV. He seems comfortable. His throat is really irritated though and he is breathing very Coarse. Dr Sumfest wants to keep him until tomorrow to watch his bloody urine and use his IV for antibiotics.
He's so "chubby" now from the IV fluids...
*Surgery did NOT go as planned... He had a post-urethral valve and a stricture. The stricture was, apparently, scar tissue from the "injury that ocurred during his last surgery"... Um.... WHAT?!?!?
So, they used a thin wire and dilated it to almost a normal-sized urethra. They spent so much time doing that that they were not able to do the reconstruction. They did also close up his vesicostomy (stitches on the inside, glue on the outside). So... now he has a hypospadia, chordee, is uncircumsized and is catheterized (temporarily). He is also in a lot of pain!! Poor poor Jackson!
*DELETED*
10/14: He had an OK night. He was sent to the floor from PACU 1 hour after surgery withOUT a pain med order, so, after screaming for 1 hour straight, we got his pain under control and he got Tylenol #3 every 4 hours. He is peeing only small amounts of blood now. He's puffy from is IV. He seems comfortable. His throat is really irritated though and he is breathing very Coarse. Dr Sumfest wants to keep him until tomorrow to watch his bloody urine and use his IV for antibiotics.
He's so "chubby" now from the IV fluids...
Right before D/D he was also very dopey from the Codeine!!
10/21: He has recovered. His penis looks the same, but his vesicostomy site is healing well...
pic to come
2 comments:
It is good you documented all this! He really looks good for all they did inside! You can tell he is a little swollen, but that is all! Maybe he will grow up and be a doctor.....maybe one who specialize in surgery and PAIN CONROL for infants/children! I love this little guy! Will they send you home with Tylenol #3? I want him to have some good days for awhile....and you too!
Jen,
Hang in there. Glad they were able to fix some things. Poor Jackson, I feel bad for all he has been through, and you too. What I would do to live closer and be able to help.
Post a Comment