2/02/2011

In the hospital!

I have to remember that God is always in control.

Jason and I had to head up to Geissinger Medical Center last night around dinner time b/c yet another bad winter storm was set to hit Tuesday night. 
 (4th Tuesday in a row & all of my appts have been on Weds these last weeks!-But Dr Smith is NOT supposed to be at GMC on Weds but b/c of the bad weather on these Weds, they've been switching him to be here... this is where the "always in control" part is so true!!)
We had a delicious dinner at Lancaster Brewing Co in Harrisburg - makes me hungry thinking about it!!  Then we contd. to Selinsgrove and got a Hotel for the night.
The phone rang at 8am... Cardiology was cancelling our 11am appt b/c of the weather.  I was bummed!!  So, I called my FMF office and explained the situation... that we were stuck in a hotel b/c we came up last night so if anyone cancelled their am appts, we'd like to switch our 2:30pm appt.  Well... they called back 15 mins and said to come in at 10 am for my MFM appt and to have my Cardio ECHO done... ?!??!?!?!
OK!!!!!!!

When we arrived, EVERYONE knew our situation... our MFM office has the most caring staff!!!!
So we had our Biophysical Procile done first with lots of measurements taken.
I am 33 weeks and 3 days - the baby should be appx 4 lbs.
JACKSON MEASURES 7 LBS!!!!!!!!
They measured him twice to be sure! 
Dr Maslow said that in all reality he probably is a few ozs lighter simply b/c on this set of measurements his abd is measuring bigger (unproportionate) to the rest of his body - this is what I did NOT want to hear, but it is what it is.  He said that it is nothing more than what they would expect, with his diagnosis. 
So... off to Pediatric Cardiologist we went for an ECHO.
I had mentioned to the Dr multiple times that I had a lot of pressure down below on and off with inconsistant contractions (Braxton Hicks) but at first he didn't seem too worried about it.
The Cardiologist gave us a clean bill of health for Jackson... all of the fluid around his heart is now gone (YEAH!!)
But when the two of them finished talking, he decided to check my cervix....
That was 10 hours ago and her I lie in a hospital bed!!
He said that I was totally effaced, 1 cm dilated and that the lower part of my uterus was very engorged!
(Fun, huh?!?)
So right now they are monitoring me giving me steroid shots to boost his lung development.
They will recheck my cervix tomorrow and I THINK that if I have dilated any more, we talk about a c-section... but Jason and I are both kinda confused as to exactly what their plan is.
I guess we'll find out!!

Well... my sleeping pill is kicking in!!!!
G'night!


Update: 2/3/11 10:15am...
With no increase in contractions, we will be D/C'd after my second steroid shot at 4pm.
They'll check my cervix then too to make sure I haven't dialated it more (though I doubt I have, since I've been just laying her for 22 hours).
Looks like he gets to cook a little more!!!
Maybe I'll go home and get ready for him now!!!

Update: 2/4/11
We were discharged after the 2nd steroid shot and now I just follow up with my app ton Weds.
I have hardly been contracting since getting home...
Time to pack some bags though, I think.
I have all of the cameras charging now too!!!

3 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

It warms my heart to hear of all the blessings you are receiving just when you need them. And I know that when you acknowledge the hand of the Lord in "all things", (as you have done) He will bless you even more!! I am anxious to see how all this unfolds and to meet this special boy! My guess is he will in some way surprise us all!!

Happy Mommy said...

Jenn, I am sitting here at work (Crozer) thinking about you. I hope everything goes as planned. Kevin and I are thinking about you guys.

Love,

Leann

Unknown said...

We're praying for you guys, Jenn! Hang in there, and you too little Jackson!