11/10/2010

Cincinatti

On Monday (11/8) we had another US at Geisinger with Dr Smith...
Jackson's bladder had not gotten any larger, his ureters were a little more dilated, he had plenty of amniotic fluid BUT...
now his bowels are showing a lot of dilitation.
Dr Smith was concerned and spent a lot of time using the US machine trying to get the best pictures he could. He explained it could be simple... maybe the large bladder temporarily paralized his bowels and they would work themselves out in time... or, maybe it was not so simple... perhaps my poor baby boy has no rectum.  Talk about one extreme to the other!  He assured us that it was concerning, not totally a surprise (since the urogenitary and bowel systems are so closely related), and that they would continue to just monitor it at this point, since there are no interventions until he is born. 
That, was until Dr Smith called me today, Weds (11/10) out of the blue!
He said that he couldn't stop thinking about our US, he discussed it with his colleagues at Geisinger, and that he had even consulted the Fetal Care Center in Cincinatti again...
Looks like we're off to Cinicinatti tomorrow!!!!

Crushing, Heartbreaking, Nerve-racking, Saddening, Worrisome, Disappointing ---
All feelings I've had this afternoon.
But, I've also had feelings of Reassurance, Peace, and Ease of mind that we are getting a hands-on second opinion.


Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggg!!!!!!!!!!!

And I HATE seeing Jason this upset!!!
After almost 9 years, I have finally found his one weakness...
HELPLESSNESS.
And that makes this all the more heartbreaking!!!!!

I'l be reporting from Cinicinatti next!!!
Never been there... mayeb it'll be the most beautiful city that I never would have gotten to see?!?...
maybe...

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Good luck to all 3 of you in Cincinnati. You're in our prayers. That is great news that you have a DR looking out for Jackson's best interest and that you get a second opinion.