Valentines for All
What a wild week!! With 2 blizzards and Presidents' Day, Jaylee & Jenni have been off for 6 days!!! And we've had a BLAST!!! We made homemade valentines (forgot to pix, and they're handed out already), watched movies, made fleece blankets as a volunteer project, played in the snow, went to the $2 theater to see The Princess & the Frog (Pretty good BTW!!), Jenni decided that she's actually going to ask Adrian to marry her, went bowling & had a free day at Chuckee Cheese... whew... no wonder I'm tired!!!!
********
First, to Jenni and her crush, Adrian. He was in her preschool class last year and she constantly tells us that she loves him. I've reconnected with his Mom on FB so Jenni keeps wanting to get together with him. She made him TWO very special Valentines and has been pondering ALL WEEKEND about how to ask him to marry her... She has come up with her plan... So that Jaylee will not laugh at her, she wants me to pick up Adrian for a play date, then I am to distract Jaylee up in her room, while Jenni sneaks Adrian downstairs to the bathroom so they can have some privacy and she can ask him to marry her... such a romantic!!!!! I'll let you know how it goes!!!
Jenni had preschool today, despite the holiday. She was very excited b/c they were making up their Valentines Party. So, Jaylee & I had the morning to ourselves. She wanted to go bowling! How fun! Who the heck would think that the bowling alley would be packed on a Monday morning at 9:30... apparently that's when all the "regulars" come in to play, I am told. But, we got a lane and had a great time.
This picture is when I bet her she couldn't get a strike. The bet... I would clean her room for her...
WOULDN'T YOU KNOW...
her only strike of the 2 games we played.
I guess she was inspired!!!!

She got to pick out her own outfit and LOVES to impress Jason...
she knows the way straight to his heart.
In fact, tonight they went out and bought a NFL XBOX game so that they could be on the Seahawks team together.

She got to decide how I bowled each time...
left handed, eyes clsoed, after spinning, granny-style, or regular.
One time she thgough she was funny and made me hop up to the line like a bunny.
Another time she thought she was real funny and spun me around and then told me to bowl with my eyes shut... I could tell I was not facing the right way so I peaked... I would've bowled right in to the wall!! That would've been embarrassing... funny... but embarrassing.
After we picked Jennibelle up, we headed to Chuckee Cheese where we spent 2 hours, spending 20 tokens!! (Seriously!!) Does everyone know you can sign the kids up for birthday club and get free bday tokens and great coupons?!? They enjoyed each game much more,knowing that they only got to do 10 games each today!!
The other day we drove out to the middle of no where the other day to pick up some items from freecycle.org.
The back roads were still not so good.
The girls wanted to take pix of teh snow surrounding us...
I guess Jenni wanted a close-up of Jaylee also!!
luckily we were the only idiots out there!!!

The Susquehanna River is not usually frozen and covered in snow!

While driving... again it's supposed to be a 2 lane road.
The snow on the side of the road was taller than our Jeep...
kind of neat!!!

Morgan came over to sled one day but the snow was not good sledding snow...
so Jenni completely entertained her by throwing snow into her own face and falling down in the snow and Morgan was rolling with laughter.

The Susquehanna River is not usually frozen and covered in snow!

While driving... again it's supposed to be a 2 lane road.
The snow on the side of the road was taller than our Jeep...kind of neat!!!

Morgan came over to sled one day but the snow was not good sledding snow...
so Jenni completely entertained her by throwing snow into her own face and falling down in the snow and Morgan was rolling with laughter.
Until Jenni thrown snow in Morgan's face, leaving her cheek scratched and bleeding.
Oh, so continues the story of Jenni and "Morgie"
she needed help getting up.
Thank goodness no one took a pic of me when I jumped off the railing face first with a trash bag under me BELIEVING for some unknown reason that I would actually glide down the hill as in some beautiful winter painting. Great timing too... just as Jason pulled up in front of the house and saw the whole thing!!!
Thank goodness no one took a pic of me when I jumped off the railing face first with a trash bag under me BELIEVING for some unknown reason that I would actually glide down the hill as in some beautiful winter painting. Great timing too... just as Jason pulled up in front of the house and saw the whole thing!!!Ker-Plop!!
For Valentines Day, Jason surprised me with a portable external hardrive to back up all of my pix... PERFECT!!!!! And all I got him was a poem and chocolate covered rose. We got to do our taxes on Valentines Day... which turned out just lovely) and then went out to dinner with a gift card Meg got us for Christmas at a fancy restaraunt down town. Jaylee picked out my outfit and all my accessories... she did a pretty darn good job too!!!
For Valentines Day, Jason surprised me with a portable external hardrive to back up all of my pix... PERFECT!!!!! And all I got him was a poem and chocolate covered rose. We got to do our taxes on Valentines Day... which turned out just lovely) and then went out to dinner with a gift card Meg got us for Christmas at a fancy restaraunt down town. Jaylee picked out my outfit and all my accessories... she did a pretty darn good job too!!!Jaylee and Jenni spent Valentines Day at Nan and Poppop's -
Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!
Next week we have Jenni's Preschool Winter Fest, then Jaylee's Garden Club gets into full swing, and in April we're off to Florida for a week. Busy busy!! And we're hoping to see Grandma and Grandpa in the next couple of months too!!!




1 comment:
Wow! Your busy life makes me tired! What a great mom you are. And I was stunned at the road and snow pictures! Goodness sakes! Okay, I wish I could be a fly on the wall when Jenny asks Adrian to marry her. That makes me smile. I love her so much! And next time we get together I have to challege Jaylee to a game of bowling. I used to be pretty good!
Post a Comment