My Favorite Christmas Ornaments
So, I totally stole this idea from Mary
(who also stole the idea from someone else!)
As we took down the tree today, the girls and I took pix of our favorite ornaments.
They are in no particular order.I know the pix are terrible.. I actually went a bought a new camera afterwards b/c I was so frustrated.
However, I'm not liking that camera either, but that is way off subject!!!
"Baby's First Christmas 1978"
I think this is now an antique!!!!
I, obviously, love it, b/c it was my first!!
Funny, Mary has the exact same one!!!
"Nice Moosy!"
I bought this for Jason one of our first years together because of an inside joke.
While driving across country, he took a pic of me "petting" a fake moose in middle of a blizzard in the mountains somewhere. He told his family it was a real moose. They believed him. He found this extremely comical and laughs about it to this day?!?!?!?!?
"Jason + Jenn"
Was a wedding gift in 2002.
Handpainted on a sanddollar found in Savannah, GA,
by a local artist.
"Jaylee in 2006"
The first ornament she made!!
(Preschool project)
"Baby Jesuses"
Jaylee made the one on the left
Jenni made the one on the right
(Preschool projects)
"A silly little Santa"
I got this my first year working as an RN.
The hospital let each emplyoee pick an ornament from the gift shop.
I was one of the last people, but now I really like this little guy!
"2002"
Jaylee's first Christmas ornament from Nan & Poppop
My Mom gave me an ornament each year and when I moved out, they went with me.
She does this for my girls also.
"Booper Doopers!!!!"
I remember loving it as a kid!!
Mommom Moore made this when I was young.
I remember she used these little Angel cutouts for many of her projects!
"Sand Dollar"
Jaylee picked this as a favorite b/c it is a sand dollar that reminds her of Savannah.
It was a gift to us.
"2005"
and "Jenni's Favorite"
Jenni's first Christmas ornament that I bought her.
I remember that there was not too much to chose form that year & I wasn't thrilled with my purchase but every year she is excited to find her spoon, so now I love it!
My Aunt Donna Moore hand painted this is 1980.
(She signed and dated it!!)
It's a really pretty lavendar color.
"Friendly Frog"
My friend for a decade Kirsten sent this to us a few years back.
It was such a surprise when the mail arrived!
She knew I likde frogs a lot.
The fact that she thought of me still makes me smile!!
I love finding this on the tree Christmas Morning!!
Unfortunately, I'm too old to win the prize
(Besides the fact that I'm, usually the one to hide it!!)
2 comments:
I think this is such a cool idea and tradition. I wish I had started something like t his with my kids years ago.
I love your ornaments, and I think that is so cool that we have the same "Baby's First Christmas" ornament! I also love your crayon box ornament, so cute! I think it's neat that we're carrying on the same traditions for our kids. I get them ornaments every year and so does my mom :) Although, how awful is this? I couldn't find a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament I liked well enough for Matthew, and the one I did find that I liked had an african american baby in it. :-/ Thankfully my mom found one for him.
Post a Comment