1/21/2010

2010... So far

We've been busy!!
The girls LOVED being off of school and played very well most days. We've spent a lot more time at home lately, because they play Barbies and Littlest Pet Shop so well together.
Jason has been working is new job for a little while now... Costumer Relations Coordinator for Dempsey Uniform. He is at the office almost everyday now, which makes the 45 min commute a little cumbersome, I'm sure. But he never complains!! We're hoping to be out of the house in 2 yrs... hoping.
With Facebook, I've reconnected with a lot of people from my childhood and realized that they are the days I remember the most... playing with the neighborhood kids and my TCA friends. Part of me is always thinking that we need to get settled for the kids "lives" to begin and I've realized Jaylee is already 7 and this IS her life, and these are the times she's going to remember! Whether we're in the right school district yet or not!
She's funny at school... this is so typical of her projects this year... They made a plaques that started with "I have a dream..." and she filled in the blank... "To make more money because the government takes all of ours!" She enjoys listening to talk radio with Jason and watches Glenn Beck with him once or twice a week!!!
I am working 4 nights a week at our frined Emily's. It's nice not having to use credit cards!!! BUT I am tired a lot of the time!! I've found a new website called freecycle.org where people GIVE their stuff away - FOR FREE... with the idea of recycling, reuse, keep mother earth clean.... Whatever... I get free stuff!!!! YEAH.
Jason and I got to go on a date and saw Avatar in Digital 3D... I'm not sure I can sit through another morvie NOT in 3D at the theatre again!!!
The girls get their H1N1 shots tomorrow... I feel like I'm selling out by letting them get it, but I trust their Dr and he wants them to have the 3 shots and said that all of his children have gotten the shot... I still don't have a sense of peace about it though, so we'll see...
I bought a gallon of paint to do our bathroom and then every room in the house will have been painted... whew!! Mandy's realtor comes in the morning to take pix and put her house on the market... the secret is out... Mandy is 13 weeks prego!
Our house is a disaster... I honestly do try to keep it clean but the past few weeks, it is just a mess. That's really frustrating for me... I feel more calm when things are clean - strike that- when things are NEAT and organized. Idid spend my afternoon today cooking home made chili for the freezer, potroast for tomorrow, and filet and mashed potatoes for tonight... we've been eatting a lot of soups since it's only be 30' for the past 6 weeks or so. I never remember the winters being so cold... Oh Savannah... What Was I Thinking?!?
The girls and I are planning a road trip in April or May... to SC to see some HS friends, then to Florida to see Mommom and Neil and then to Savannah to see Christy and her gang - I MISS HER A LOT. So, it should be fun!! Can't say I'm looking forwards to the driving though!
Jenni is so excited for her Pajama Party at school tomorrow... she is so very mature and doesn't even look like a little girls anymore... she is quite beautiful and has a great Love for God.
I bought a new camera, but have not been so impressed... I think I'm expecting too much of it, to be honest! It's just a fancy point and clock b/c we can not afford the "fun" cameras! That reminds me, I need to buy an external hardrive to save all my pix... any suggestions anyone out there?!?
I am almost done "publishing" our blogs from 2007 until Jan 1st 2010. I'm very excited to have the 170 page book in front of me... it's been fun reading through all the old blogs and looking at the pix. What a fun life I have!!!

3 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

Congrats to Mandi! That is so odd, because I was just thinking about her last night and wondering if she was going to have any more children! Where is she moving to?

Fun blog, thanks for updating! :) Jaylee is too funny, and I just want to squeeze Jenni.

Mark and Jennifer said...

Great post! Jaylee seems to picked up on Jason's political philosophies. That made me laugh! It is nice to have your job almost in your backyard. No matter what working takes time, but does help the pocketbook. I really enjoyed home health care because of the decreased stress. Hope all goes well for Mandi with the delivery of this one....I remember the scary time she had with Morgan. Will she move closer to you? Love to you all!

Jaime said...

sounds like things are fun at your house. Good luck with the painting, and let me know when you've figured out a strategy for keeping your house clean. I too haev a messy house, and it drives me crazy. Can't wait to get crackin' on cleanin'.