9/29/2009

The Moores

The Moores
Today was a hard day for me...
We went to spend the beautifu afternoon with Mommom & Poppop Moore.
Poppop is now 90 and his health seems to be deteriorating.
Deteriorating... such a terrible word!!
As usual, he was in great spirits when we were there, full of energey and conversation.
The end of the trip brought us all to tears though.
I've never seen such a strong man brought to tears telling his great-granddaughters how much he really liked them and was sorry that he couldn't grow old with them.
I could see the hurt in his eyes as he said goodbye to us all today.
He brought up the subject of heaven and told the girls that he'd miss them until he saw them again there. I told him that they made me sooo happy to hear him say that he was going to heaven and he said "yeah... I know now that I am going to heaven." I'll NEVER forget hearing those words or seeing the smile through the tears that accompanied them.
Here's Mommom and Poppop with 3 of their great-grandkids, form Peg's side of the family.
Mommom (88), Jaylee (6), Poppop (90), Morgan (8 mos) & Jennibelle (4)
It was such a beautiful afternoon that after lunch we sat out on the patio and listened to the high school band play.
We thought that it was funny that Morgan always has her tongue out, just like Poppop More.
We missed it in this shot, but caught it in the shot below.
I think that it made his day, as he was the one that pointed it out.


This is how I remember Poppop... bent over picking up leaves or picking beans,
so I had to sneak in a shot!!

And THIS is so far, the proudest moment I have ever had...
Jenni was vrey concerned when she heard that Poppop was gettin golder and might not be going to Heaven, form our conversation earlier in the day.
So, she drew him a picture of Jesus on the Cross that says "Jesus is Real" and "I Love You".
When we were getting lunch together, she went outside to help Poppop, on her own accord and I could hear through the window her telling him that she wanted to help because "that is what friends do" and that he was her friend and then that she wanted him to know that Jesus is real because she wants to see him agina in heaven.
I'm so thankful that she is an open-book with her emotions because Jaylee & I are pretty much closed-books.
If there was ever a witness for Christ at Poppop's door... I think that Jenni was the most influencial today by just being herself and showing love.

3 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

I am sitting trying to hold back the tears myself. What a cute couple they seem to be. Such a special time for all of you and it's wonderful that you have written it down to remember. I love that Jenni is so comfortable with her feelings. As for you and Jaylee, "still waters run deep" I am also impressed that speaking of Jesus and Heavenly Father is as comfortable for you all as speaking of any other person. Love the picture of your grandfather bending over picking up a leaf. Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

so glad you got to spend this time together. i'm sure this time meant as much to them as it did to you guys. what special memories!

Megan said...

Jenni - This made me cry! I didn't realize Uncle Bud wasn't doing well. Makes me think of my Pop-pop Spence...not knowing that our last visit together was really the last one, I would have loved the opportunity to say 'goodbye...see you in heaven!" The pictures of this day are great - what an amazing keepsake to have. Isn't it awesome though that our kids got to know their great-grandparents?!

Megan