Last year I learned that you can have your blog printed out, so I've been using the blog as a "diary" and a way to document and remember everything going on in our family.
So, I must open up and say to this computer page that
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT I AM AT THIS STAGE IN MY LIFE ALREADY!!!!
Jason says that it's my fault, that I shouldn't have blinked!!
How am I already spending Sat afternoons at my kid soccer games?!? How is my "baby" big enough to be running around a soccer field?
Unfortunately, my camera batteries died during Jenni's first soccer practice/game so I don't have still shots of Jaylee's first socccer game, but that allowed me to video tape Jaylee's game, and Iam so glad I did.
I knew that Jenni would enjoy herself but eventually get bored of an hour-long soccer session taking instructions, but I never would have guessed how much Jaylee LOVED playing, nor how well she did!! She was nervous all morning and on the way there she started acting in her Jaylee-bizarro-uncomfortable way. She offered to not start in the game, but after first subs, she never sat out again!! She ran the whole time, LAUGHED, SMILED, volunteered to throw the ball in, kick the kicks, tip off, heck, she even kept volunteering to do it for the other team!!! She was UNSTOPPABLE!!! And I am just sooooo happy that she had so much fun!!!! Enough rambling... bring on the pix...
Jason explaining the rules to Jenni right before her first 30min game started.
She enjoyed the game, but REALLY enjoyed coming out for a water break!
Go Number 6!!! She just looks like a soccer player in her little outfit!
Another water break...
After her 3rd water break, she wouldn't go back in.
There's a HUGE playground next to the field and by that point she couldn't keep her mind off of it!
Think she liked it?!?
Jenni with one of her coaches...
Love the scenery...
Fall in Lancaster is sooo pretty!!
Jaylee watching (and cheering) for Jennibelle.
After her 3rd water break, she wouldn't go back in.
There's a HUGE playground next to the field and by that point she couldn't keep her mind off of it!
Love the scenery...
Fall in Lancaster is sooo pretty!!
I am very proud of the way the played today...
they tried their best, had fun, helped players out who had fallen, listened to their coaches instruction, thanked their coaches for snack, and were in great spirits afterwards...
this will be a fun way to spend our fall mornings!!!
3 comments:
Yesterday was Tommy;s first soccer game as well. It is so fun to watch them play. This is Tommy's third year, and I have noticed it is all just now starting to click. Your girls look adorable. I wish I could have been there to cheer them on. I don't know what I will do when Brody grows up. I guess I am in denial that he ever will.
I am so glad you are sharing your diary with us. I love hearing all about what is going on with you all. Sounds like a dream - going to your kids games on a beautiful fall day. I had to smile about Jaylee offering to help the other team, too. It's great you are giving them these opportunities.
i love watching my kids play sports. it's so much fun and it's even more exciting the first time. i have a nephew who just turned 16, but i SWEAR he was just five yesterday. time goes by SO FAST!
Post a Comment