The evolving yard at 1720 White Water Rd
We have ALL been busy working on the yard.
We started on Fall of 2008 when we decided to pull up all of the mulch on the play area, with plans to plant grass.
Then in December of 08, we realized that our favorite tree out front was out of control and the roots were way too close to our house, as well as our neighbor's dreiveway.
So, Jason cut the whole thing down himself.
This summer, we missed the tree, but come fall, we will certainly NOT miss the tree!
(The kids might, but Jason and I will NOT)
.jpg)
Then over Easter weekend (2009) Grandma and Grandpa Stringham helped us fill in the play area with fresh soil.
We decided to hire someone to plant the seed for us, and could not be happier with the results.
Last year... we could NOT get weeds to stop growing up through the mulch!!
Even though we repeatedly added fresh mulch, it always looked dingy and old...
And today...
Here's a Shot Out to WiseGrass!!!
We could not be happier with thre results!
Now that it is not too hot in the sun, the girls pay out here all day, every day.
It was one of our best ideas!
This Spring, I busied my self with forming a flower garden along the back of the house.The girls planted some strawberries in the pot!!
For the before shot, look 3 pix up and notice the BARE back of the house.
And the after shot...
I cont'd the flower garden to the side...
(In Progress)
(After)
.JPG)
On MOther's Day we, (really I) decided that since Boop lived in Seattle now and the fence was a complete nuisance to mow around, we spent teh evening rippin git down. Before, teh kids had no real yard to play and run in...It looks a lot nicer too!!
1 comment:
Wow! That's a lot of work and a world of difference. I really like the grass in the play area. It looks so much nicer and more comfortable to play on. I'm jealous of your green grass. Now that it is cooling off a little here, we should get some green grass.
Post a Comment