7/08/2009

Painting the Kitchen

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!?
I always get these wild redecorating ideas and just run with them...
I often repaint a room in a day just because we had no plan for that day.
Well, this was the first time I ever regretted my impromptu decision.
I am soooo sad.

Remember my beautiful RED kitchen?!?



Look what I did...




I thought a lighter color would make my countertops "pop"
I was wrong.
So, 2 whole days of priming and painting...
And tomorrow I will restart painting 2 more coats of red.


I had left the one wall red, as an accent wall.
Obviously, not a good idea.
Though it is less to paint red again tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

I have regretted a few of my paint choices, but had no energy or money to repaint so I had to just do with the horri ble color. I thought you white walls looked bright, but I have to admit I loved your red walls!

Our Beautiful Life said...

Awww...I know just how you feel Jenn. Remember our purple and yellow bedroom? Oh man I still shudder when I think about it!

I don't think the white looks that bad, honestly, but the red did look much better.

I have a shade of red as an accent in my kitchen called "Spicy Cayenne" by Behr, and I really love it. I used it in my formal living room, too. I think it would actually look great with your countertops... But of course, my other walls are beige.

Good luck repainting!

The Mendenhall's said...

I think the white looks nice. Of course, red looks great too. Wow, if I only had that energy. I can't imagine being able to paint a room in a day. If I tried to do that I would have three little boys covered in paint.

Rebecca said...

oh man! i did that in our hallway downstairs. we repainted the living room a darker tan and i decided to do the hallway too, but then it looked so dark and cave like. i was glad i still had some of the original paint left and had to repaint it. repainting sucks! is white or red your only choice. maybe you could try a totally different shade?! love the red though.

The J's said...

I was THINKING about maybe a gray/blue color... take a peak at the pix again and let me know what you think!!!!

The J's said...

THis is Jason... to all that commented on wishing you had that kind of energy I would just like to say... you should see the energy of this girl. she amazes me... sometimes I think she has a secret stash of amphetemines hidden in our house. Jenn is awsome!