7/05/2009

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July weekend

And it's not even over yet...


We started Friday night with camping.


While we were packing, the girls spotted groundhogs across the street.
This is what I found when I went looking for them...
(Jaylee has binoculars)




Jaylee helped right away...

Jenni 'helped' in her own little way...



Jason was our camp leader.
Here they are starting the fire...


He led us on many adventure walks...
through tall brush...



We spent a lot of time down by the creek...






Jenni kept saying she wanted her fishing pole...

Flahlight tag and ghost stories...

Jaylee LOVED catching Daddy Long Legs...


Playing cards

Jenni winning WAR

Of course Mama had to read some books...
ENOUGH SAID...
It was time to go home!!!!!!


When we were refreshed, we hit the pool for an hour...



Jaylee swan back and forth forever...

Sat night we set of hireworks at our house before Mama left for work.

I didn't get any pix b/c I was too busy panicking over the kids and fire.

Tomorrow we're going to Lancaster's Fireworks with the orchestra.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!

4 comments:

The Mendenhall's said...

Looks like a fun filled weekend. Aren't you exhausted. I am. We had a blast as well, but I don't think I sat down once.

Mark and Jennifer said...

Wow, what fun! Loved the pictures~

The J's said...

Jason says his famiy NEVER gets exhausted... today the girls want to go to Dutch Wonderland and back to the pool... BEFORE the park for fireworks!!!

Rebecca said...

wow! you guys sure had some fun. we love campin, but that picture of you by the log is how i usually feel by the end of a trip. fun memories!