10/03/2023

And Then, We Were Four...

 Both of the girls now live in different countries than us!


Jaylee returned from France to help out with my brain tumor surgery (Which we ended up putting off for now). She loved Europe so much, that she has headed to Italy for 4 years to get a Bachelor's in Art History. She's living in Rome and studying at The American University of Rome.


Eleven days later, Jennibelle moved to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. She's living there for almost a year as a missionary. She'll be moving around a few ties while she's there, living with her team leaders, then living close to her Spanish immersions school, then getting her own place near the college students she will be witnessing to. 


The girls leaving was very hard on the boys... ALL of the boys. It broke my heart.  I was very excited for them, but also very sad that I wouldn't see them for so long.  I am not worried for them at all, which I think is good. 


We had a big Going away/ Graduation party for Jennibelle.  Then we had a small dinner for the Liounis clan to say goodbye to Jaylee and then a small brunch for the Liounis clan to say goodbye to Jennibelle. Here's some leaving photos...

Jennibelle’s OFFICIAL goodbye party…



























Jaylee’s last night at work…


Jaylee’s goodbye dinner at Nan’s…
























And then she was gone…


Jennibelle’s last day at work…



Jennibelle’s going away brunch at Nan’s…






















Driving home rocking out to TSwift


Manicures on her last day, because that’s what she wanted. 


And then…


I hope these 10ish months don’t feel too long! 



No comments: