So, over the past year, the Liounis clan has been less dependent on each other, often celebrating holidays apart. I think it’s refreshing. Two weeks ago was Memorial Day- we Stringhams decided to head to the beach for the day. So, away we went. Even though we planned on leaving at 8:00, we got on the road around 10:00, lol. Luckily, we made excellent time- 2.5 hours to OCNJ. We parked right the beach on 12 th street and made an entire day of it.
Though the water was still too cold to get in (except for my water bug Jimmy), I would say it was pretty much a perfect day at the beach. The weather was great. The amount of sun was great. There wasn’t a single argument in our bunch. There was a perfect balance of rest/relaxation and soccer/walking/digging. We are one Big Mac N Manco’s meal around 3:30 which smelled delicious (which made up for me still not able to smell the Bay), though the taste was off for everyone, not just me. I’m hoping it was just a fluke.
Since Jackson has been at &Hershey Park the day prior and decided he LOVES roller coasters, he talked Jimmy into trying the biggest coaster there. The three boys did it. It was WAY too much to be little Jimmy’s first roller coaster. I don’t see him getting on another any time soon. We didn’t leave until 9 out so. Unfortunately, it took about 4 hours to get home:(
No comments:
Post a Comment