3/12/2019

Jack’s First Birthday Party

It took him 8 years to ask if he could have friends over for his birthday. And, BOY, was it worth it. I’ve never seen him (or Jimmy) this excited and happy/giddy for anything before. His “theme” was Minecraft. He had been asking that we start decorating- for 7 days! And then, finally, it was time. 



The party planning started 4 weeks ago, we I filled out all of the invitations and then Jack enveloped and addressed them. They looked like this...


But Jack put the BLANK invitation pile into the envelopes that got handed out, LOL! 

The day finally arrived. I took the boys sledding in the AM, to try to wear them out a little bit- unsuccessful. When the first guest arrived, they started running in (literal) circles screaming “Someone’s here! Someone’s here! Someone’s...” You get the point. And no, they never did actually open the door for the guest. I came down stairs and let him in. 

Jack had his cousins come, and he got to invite 5 friends. 8 year old boys are a wild bunch! The party started with a dance party, then decorating their piniata bags, presents, basketball, Klondike Bars, piniata and playing school. Then the family stayed for dinner. Mommom Matheson got to come too. It was exhausting, for me, but not for the boys.

Jack spent the day APPRECIATING EVERYTHING!!! It was awesome.























Ice Cream Portraits.
Maddie, Morgan, Cole, Bentley, Bubba, Paisley, Jayden,  Jimmy, Jenni, Jack, Beckett. 






















Piniata!















No comments: