The Annual “Liounis Christmas Day” was moved from NYC to Washington DC this year. Jimmy was old enough to come along this year. We had to take two cars because there was 10 of us... Nan, Poppop, Mandy, Morgan, Cole, me, Jaylee, Jenni, Jackson and Jimmy. I drove, and I will never drive through DC again! So many 4-6 lane circles... I kept getting in the wrong lane and taking the wrong turn.
We started at the National Harbor Convention Center where we ate lunch, watched a Cirgque show and went to see the ice sculptures. It was awesome!!! The boys sat in the front row during the Cirque show and I ended up videoing the boys because their reactions were so awesome! The Charlie Brown Ice sculptures were cool... literally!! It was 9’ and we wore parkas. There was all different colored ice. The kids loved the ice slides!!! Then we saw Santa and ice skated for an hour. Ice skating was AWESOME. Jennibelle was pretty good. Jackson looked like a comedy act out there... flailing everywhere!!! Jimmy started out using a ice skating “walker” but by the end could do it independently. Bystanders were literally cheering him on! He’s just so cute!! (When he’s not whining, of course.)
Then we drove into downtown DC to go to the zoo for their Christmas lights. Very pretty! We even got a 90 minute train ride, lol. Luckily they had a shuttle to drive us back to our car because the entire path was downhill and I don’t know how Jaylee would have scooted herself all the way back up... literally.
Then, we were all starving, so we stopped at Maggiano’s. 2 1/2 hours later, we were back on the road. Jimmy was EXHAUSTED!
It was a great day!!!! No one argued. The weather was 40s and sunny. We were never rushed. The activities were cool.
We’re so lucky that my parents give us this gift each year!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment