12/12/2017

Christmas 2017

We have lots of traditions around Christmas... and my kids like to stick with our traditions!!

Katrina Gerovasilis and Serenity Martin have come over for a Christmas Party for the past nine years!!!  I was a little surprised that Kat was up for it again this year, because she and Jaylee had not seen each other in a year.  There was 5 minutes of awkward silence, then they were all good friends again.  We took them and the whole family to Woodcrest Retreat’s  Little Bethlehem. We had gone 3 years ago.  It was great.  The boys really got into the story of Jesus’ birth, trekking through the woods at night and going from station to station. 








My Dad treated us to a day in NYC again. We were busy, running from activity to activity. I was literally running down 6thSt with Jackson on my back! It was a fun day. We started with a 20 minute horse drawn carriage ride through Central Park. I had never been. Then we ice skated for an hour in the park. It felt like Christmas to me. The girls were pretty good. Jackson was a WILD man flopping around. I’m honestly surprised that he did not get hurt. He was soaked though, and it was cold, but he never once complained. Then we walked up to Times Square to National Geographic’s Ocean Encounter. It was a 1 hour exploration. It was pricey, but it was fun.  





Mom and Dad took the whole family to the Fulton Theatre to see A Christmas Story then to Alley Kat for pizza.


Jaylee and I sang with the church choir. 
The singing gave me chills!!


Mandy and I headed to Vegas for 4 days, and it did not feel like Christmas there st all. I had a great time, but was pretty sick from Choir practice until the day after Christmas. Bummer!! 

And then it was time for CHRISTMAS!!

Christmas Eve was on a Sunday so we went to church and then to Poppop’s for fun.  Every year the kids love using Jason’s Naughty or Nice app.















It was nice to celebrate with Mommom Matheson and Poppop Neil again. I think the kids are a lot for him to handle, but she seems to love it!


Jason and I headed to bed at 8:15. The kids woke us at 3:30 am. They were so great. I felt lousy but had a great time with them. They were all calm, appreciative, excited and in general loved their gifts. The girls got very spoiled this year.  Jimmy gave me light up earring and sunglasses. Jackson bought me a Superman necklace (it’s for men, lol) because he thought I’d love it. Jenni got me Perfume and Jaylee bought me yoga pants for our Float Yoga class in Feb. it looks like it will be fun.





Jennibelle got a phone!!










Seahawk Electric Football


The boys were out cold at 4pm. 
(Until they woke up to play at 10 pm, LOL)



No comments: